General Mechanic (71124)
Pratt Institute is seeking a General Mechanic to join its
Facilities Management Team who will maintain Pratt's buildings and
facilities in a clean, safe and appropriate manner. The successful
candidate will perform repairs and maintenance of facilities and
equipment. If you have hands-on experience in any two of these
trades: electrical, carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, or painting, and
experience in maintenance, repair, and installation, then this
could be a great opportunity for you!
Key Essential Duties include the following:
This is a Local 311 position. The Rate for this position is
$32.6366/hr - $32.6366/hr.
- Perform assigned general maintenance duties required to
maintain and repair campus buildings, structures, machinery, and
equipment, involving some skill in carpentry, plumbing, painting,
and/or the electrical or mechanical trades
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance to buildings and
- Conduct routine inspections of facilities, including interior
and exterior building structure, windows, doors, lighting, ceiling,
fire equipment, boilers, electrical, HVAC, equipment controls, and
all systems and components
- Schedule, troubleshoot, and perform maintenance and repairs to
buildings and facilities including carpentry, painting, hardware
and locks, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, generators, equipment
controls, and the moving of furniture and equipment.
- Snow and ice removal
- Respond to work orders for troubleshooting, repair and feedback
- Coordinate licensed inspections as required
- Assist Senior Managers and Lead Mechanics with maintaining
tools and inventory, maintaining logs and materials required for
work orders and their completion status, inspect building machinery
and equipment to ensure proper functioning, and responding to all
emergency repairs including after work hours, weekends, and
- General Mechanic will be responsible to make emergency repairs
within area of knowledge and responsibility
High School Diploma or equivalency
required; Associate degree preferred.
Three years’ experience in maintenance
and repair of facilities and experience or combination in any two
trades (i.e. electrical, carpentry, HVAC, plumbing or painting).
Experience in higher educational institutions and colleges
Knowledge, Skills and License:
The incumbent must
have proficient knowledge in one of the following areas:
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/85627
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Building carpentry, and maintenance procedures as; HVAC,
electrical and mechanical systems.
- NYS Driver License required.
- Ability to communicate with public in a positive, courteous and
- Must have the ability to work well with diverse populations;
and demonstrated level of cultural competence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in
hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion
or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital
or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits
of a diverse workforce.