Director of Safety/Security (Reg FT)
Director of Safety/Security (Reg
Emerg Mgmt/Safety & Security
: Allegheny Campus
REPOSTED. This position will remain
open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an
interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter
and resume by no later than April 7, 2023. The College cannot
guarantee that application materials received after this date will
be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits
package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low
out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday
pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other
options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension
system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan
forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including
group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option:
Admin 16 - $64,070
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Administer and supervise all
activities of Campus, including Office of College Services for
Allegheny, security and safety operations, to safeguard students,
faculty, staff, and College assets and facilities. It is CCAC's
intent to have successful candidate(s) appointed as "Special Police
Officer" status for PA.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of
seven years law enforcement experience with security and safety,
including 3 years of administrative and supervisory experience
required; or an Associate degree (or equivalent 60 credits) and a
minimum nine (9) years law enforcement experience with security and
safety, including 3 years of administrative and supervisory
experience required; or a combination of education and experience
consisting of under 60 credits and a minimum of fifteen (15) years
law enforcement experience with security and safety, including 3
years of administrative and supervisory experience required.
Must have a current and valid driver's license. Must have
successfully completed a basic police training course in conformity
with current law (Pa. Act 120), and commit to the taking and
passing of a certification examination administered by the
Municipal Police Officers' Education and Training Commission
(MPOETC): must be licensed to carry a firearm or obtain one within
90 days of being hired; must pass a pre-employment physical, drug
screening (annual thereafter), and psychological test. CPR/AED OSHA
10 -30 certification preferred.
Hours and Location:
Flexible hours to be
established by each campus and will include occasional weekends and
holidays. Work location is subject to change at the discretion of
1. Train, supervise and schedule of all Campus (and Office of
College Services for Allegheny) security personnel.
2. Administer the Campus (and Office of College Services for
Allegheny) security contract and other related contracts.
3. Maintain and report appropriate security and safety statistics
in compliance with the federal Jeanne Clery Act, the Campus Crime
Prevention Act, The Pennsylvania College and University Security
Information Act and any other required reports.
4. In collaboration with the Dean of Student Development assist
with enforcing the Student Code of Conduct.
5. Identify fire safety and security hazards consistent with health
and safety laws, and applicable fire codes.
6. Carry, maintain and qualify with a concealed firearm in a manner
specified by the College.
7. Participate as a member of the campus Safety Committee and in
college wide committees as necessary and required.
8. Control and monitor traffic and parking including issuing
warnings and maintaining appropriate documentation.
9. Ensure campus (and Office of College Services for Allegheny)
compliance with College policies and procedures related to
security, safety, and emergency management.
10. Establish and maintain partnerships with appropriate local,
state and federal law enforcement / safety officials.
11. On a semester basis, conduct fire and other emergency drills
that include tabletop crisis exercises.
12. Coordinate with the Campus Physical Plant Supervisor the campus
classroom, office, parking and facility key and card access
systems. Maintain a data base of key and access card holders and
apply appropriate security measures.
13. Document and report campus (and Office of College Services for
Allegheny) incidents. Lead internal investigations and/or
coordinate investigations with appropriate outside agencies.
14. Administer the Campus photo identification and card access
system for students, faculty and staff.
15. The campus director shall also have the functional
responsibility to administer and control at least one college wide
16. Serve as a member of the campus crisis management team and
assume a leadership role during any critical incident
17. The director will complete and remain in the National Incident
Command Systems (NIMS) training, as specified by the college.
18. Assist in the preparation and management of the Capital and
Operating Budgets related to and for the office of safety and
19. Report, document and follow-up on all insurance (accident,
theft) related claims for Campus (and Office of College Services
for Allegheny) personnel, students and visitors.
20. Perform periodic security and safety audits.
21. Identify, develop and/or coordinate learning sites or
partnerships as needed.
22. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse
clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to
be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania
Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal
Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal
Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to
obtain these clearances and are available
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: