Southwestern Illinois College is accepting applications for a full-time, tenure track position of Instructor in the Nursing Education/Nurse Assistant program within the Business, Health Sciences and Homeland Security division. The anticipated start date is August 1, 2023.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The successful applicant will serve as instructor in the Nursing Education/Nurse Assistant program. As an instructor, the individual will teach Nursing Education/Nurse Assistant courses in both the traditional and computerized environment, assist the program coordinator with program operations, accreditation standards, and the clinical education component of the program. The individual will also assess student performance and collaborate with Nursing Education/Nurse Assistant faculty to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction in each of the programs. Opportunities exist for participation in professional development activities and service on departmental, divisional, and/or college-wide committees.
- Master of Science in Nursing required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois (or the ability to obtain such a license prior to the start of official employment) is required.
- Illinois Department of Public Health certification to teach Nurse Assistant courses (or the commitment to personally obtain such certification at the earliest possible opportunity but no later than the start of a second year of employment) is required.
- Completion of minimum of two years of clinical nursing practice. Diversity in clinical practice experience, med-surge, OB, and psych is preferable.
- Prior teaching experience in an accredited ADN nursing program is preferred. CNA instructor experience is a plus.
- Qualified through education and/or experience to assure proficiency in, but not limited to, the following areas.
- Curriculum design
- Program administration/evaluation
- Instructional methodology
- Testing and evaluation
- Educational psychology
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and advising skills.
- Must meet and continue to maintain the professional standards established by the program’s accrediting agencies, including the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
- Experience in accreditation activities is preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers, applicable software, and Internet is required.
- Ability to meet, successfully complete and maintain minimum health requirements, drug and/or reference checks required by the college, program accreditation and/or clinical facilities prior to and throughout employment.
- Shall meet the minimum standards of instruction establish by the Administration and the Board of Trustees for any assigned courses.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
SALARY: This is a nine-month teaching position with the salary determined by placement on the base salary schedule. For example, the minimum 2023-2024 starting salary at Step 1 on the Master’s degree scale is $51,976. Overload and summer teaching assignments may also be available, which can increase the annual compensation. The College offers a comprehensive flexible benefits program.
WORK LOCATION: Nursing Education/Nurse Assistant instructional responsibilities at the Belleville campus with district-wide clinical responsibilities. Driving may be required to reach off-campus sites, visit clinical facilities throughout the region, and to attend professional functions within the state of Illinois.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position will remain open until filled.
APPLICATIONS PROCEDURE: You must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references, and college transcripts (if applicable). Required application materials, such as resume, cover letter and references, should be attached to your application. Other required application materials i.e., transcripts, etc., should be attached after your application has been submitted. Go to your My Job Applications page from the careers home page of your account. Southwestern Illinois College
is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Educator