Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
Director of Athletics
The Assistant Women's Soccer Coach is responsible for teaching and
coaching student-athletes in order to develop and acquire the
extensive tactical, technical, and physical knowledge required to
be a competitive Division III intercollegiate level
student-athlete. This position assists the head coach in skill
evaluation, instruction, planning, organization, and supervision of
individual and team practices and intercollegiate athletic
- Assist Head Coach in developing teams which are competitive
within the conference, region and nationally by maximizing the
student-athletes talents while also teaching and promoting teamwork
while supporting the educational goals of individual
student-athletes by demonstrating a coaching philosophy which
encourages those goals and promoting an environment conducive to
- Understand and comply with all rules and guidelines set forth
by the NCAA Div III , Rhodes College, SAA (Southern Athletic
Conference) and Rhodes College Athletics, working with compliance
office to make sure programs and student-athletes are complying
with all rules and regulations regarding compliance issues. All
athletic staff should score a minimum score of 75 on the NCAA Rules
- Complete all credit card reconciliations, email correspondence
and returning of phone calls in a timely manner, meeting deadlines
- Assist with equipment, apparel, facility maintenance as
directed by Head Coach.
- Supervise student workers as assigned.
- Assist with coordination of team travel.
- Assist Head Coach in the evaluation and comparison of athletic
talent for potential growth and development of student-athletes
while maintaining correspondence with prospects through phone,
email and in-person visits.
- Supervise student athletes in the varsity weight room.
- Assist in administrative functions including budgeting,
managing of funds, purchasing, travel and recruiting.
- Bachelors Degree required
- This position requires a valid driver's license, a good driving
record, and must be insurable by the College's insurance
- USSF or NSCAA preferred
- NCAA College playing and coaching experience preferred
- Must communicate effectively with all types of people, and
establish and maintain a strong working relationship with students,
parents, alumni, faculty, staff, and other college personnel
- Must have the ability to work responsibly with minimal
- Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Evening and weekend hours in all types of weather, with travel
E xerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. Position involves both
inside sedentary work and work on different fields and on other
fitness environments while coaching and training situations with
student-athletes. Lifting required (ie., set-up of scorers' table,
etc.), some manual labor is expected.
A complete application includes a cover letter and a
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working
environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity in the workforce.