Institutional Research and Data Management
Open Until Filled, Review of applications to begin June 12,
Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit Eligible
The Office of Institutional Research and Data Management (IR/DM)
seeks an experienced and highly motivated institutional research
professional to advance IR at the Missouri University of Science
and Technology. The Data Analyst II will be instrumental in using
expert statistical methods to explore and analyze data, create
statistical models/visualizations, and provide insights regarding
the data in various areas of stakeholder or institutional research
team interest including but not limited to enrollment, admissions,
academic programs, student outcomes, faculty and/or staff
characteristics, etc. The analyst will also support ongoing
operations of institutional research.
- Exercises sound judgment in determining appropriate and/or
multiple sources and retrieval of data, developing hypotheses,
drawing conclusions, and providing technical assistance and
guidance, determining gaps, providing recommendations, etc. based
on the analysis of information.
- Develops, prepares, delivers, and interprets institutional data
sets to answer key questions and/or provide assumptions and/or
conclusions regarding the data sets (such as whether predictive
and/or prescriptive). Collaborate with more senior analysts as
appropriate in the interpretation and delivery of data.
- Prepares actionable reports, presentations and proposals that
are well organized, accessible, and easy to read and interpret.
Effectively uses statistical and data visualization tools to
summarize and present results and information. Data may be
visualized in various formats, depending on the stakeholders
- Partners with data source custodians to identify data sources
of truth, improve data quality, and extend depth of data available
to inform models and institutional research activities.
- Recommends enhancements to current systems and processes in
relation to data gathering and presentations to stakeholders.
- Maintains comprehensive documentation for all data management,
analysis, and reporting activities. Organizes documentation for
ready access and future reference.
- Serves as the subject matter expert about data quality, task
suitability, and availability.
- Ensures effective use of time across multiple complex
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
relevant experience, and at least 4 years of experience from which
comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Masters degree in mathematics, computer science, applied
statistics, or highly related social sciences discipline or
- 2 years of experience in data analysis/mining and
- Institutional research experience in higher education, research
agency, or medical institution
- Social science research experience
- Experience with statistical or programming languages (SAS,
SPSS, Python, R)
- Broad knowledge of and experience in visualization techniques
and software (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, D3, SAS Visual
- Experience with PowerBI
- Broad knowledge of and experience in SQL and query-based
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve
- Outstanding collaboration as a member of a team and ability to
work independently, with campus leadership, and data stewards
- Strong organizational skills, exemplary interpersonal and
written communication skills
- Other important personal characteristics include a strong work
ethic, great attention to detail and accuracy, personal integrity,
and strategic thinking and planning skills