This role is focused on coordination of outreach for opportunity
and inclusion. Accountable for creating and maintaining
professional relationships with appropriate campus partners,
community-based organizations, counselors and high school partners.
Ability to reach a diverse population within budget parameters.
Understanding of and ability to provide input on, the recruitment
and enrollment strategy for outreach. Accountable for the creation
of a sufficient pool to be inclusive of underserved populations.
Accountable for familiarity with and compliance to NCAA recruiting
rules. Accountable for personal and professional growth.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
- Experience in and enthusiasm for admission work and its
- A deep appreciation for and understanding of a liberal arts
education and a deft ability to articulately communicate the values
and benefits of a liberal arts education.
- A thoughtful, collaborative, positive, energetic, and
- A compelling writer and public speaker who can engage audiences
from small groups to large crowds.
- Able to connect with a broad range of students and their
parents, as well as, colleagues through a variety of means.
- A thorough and creative event planner.
- Able and willing to travel to recruit students and represent
Colgate University for up to ten weeks per year.
- Strategic and analytical, as well as, warm and customer-service
oriented in approach.
- Responsible, self-aware, professional, and appropriate with
colleagues and students.
- A thoughtful, creative, and transparent problem solver and
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information
pertaining to application review and other admission
- Understanding of and ability to provide input on, the
recruitment and enrollment strategy for the multicultural
- A strong network of and rapport with high school counselors and
community based organizations contacts.
- Passport eligibility is required.
Fluency in another language is preferred.
Five years of experience in similar or relevant role.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Master’s Degree is preferred.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin,
marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking,
familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from
historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with
disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.