DIRECTOR OF STUDENT DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS (STRATEGY)
Harry S Truman College is seeking to hire a full-time Director of
Student Development Projects (Strategy) to manage several strategic
and reoccurring projects in the Office of Research and Strategic
Planning. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Research
& Strategic Initiatives, the Director of Student Development
Projects will manage special projects including academic and
student support program, strategic dashboards, and strategy
development. The Director will manage and provide support for
grants writing and management.
- In close collaboration with the Executive Director, develop an
annual strategy agenda
- Works with college administrators to develop, implement, and
monitor their various strategic plans
- Develop and manage the Office of Research and Strategic
Planning’s Learning Agenda
- Lead and manage the Illinois Community College annual academic
and student support services program review
- Directs the development of work plans and monitors on-going
activities related to strategic projects lead by the Office of
Research and Strategic Planning to ensure project objectives are
successfully implemented and that identified goals are
- Provide grant management and administration support, including
ensuring specific grant provisions are met, monitoring and tracking
expenditures in close collaboration with Procurement and Finance,
and prepare various reports, where necessary
* A combination of education and experience will
be taken into consideration based on the applicant’s
- Researches grant funding sources and support the development of
grant proposals to help implement new or sustain existing strategic
Preferred, but no required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or institution;
Master’s degree preferred.
- Four years of work experience in administering a government
grant funded program for a non-profit, social services, government
or educational organization.
- One to two years leading and managing high-priority, strategic
projects or initiatives preferred.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
- Demonstrated experience in overall project management
We offer excellent health and welfare benefit package and long
term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b)
Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University
Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous Paid Time Off and tuition
reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please
visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
- Demonstrated experience in resource development and/or grant
- Demonstrated experience developing and monitoring metrics
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development,
implementation, and monitoring
- Ability to embed equity-minded practices into work
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!