Job Posting Closing Times:
Job postings are removed from
advertising at 12:00 A.M.
on the closing date e.g., at
midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that
serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students
each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a
community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We
promote student success and community development by providing
affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes,
to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate
applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit
and retain a workforce that:
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure
the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of
historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through
continual strategic community engagement and professional
development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the
college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and
climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and
low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent
professors who help students achieve their educational goals and
are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic
backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty
Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value
collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and
teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity,
diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant I - ACCelerator Technical Support (Hourly)
Job Description Summary:
Provide support and technical assistance.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Wednesday's and Thursday's 10:00am-8:00pm
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Performs office duties in support of faculty, staff, and/or
student efforts, including word processing, data entry, maintaining
files, processing mail, and duplication.
- Gathers, compiles, and enters data, producing routine reports
- Produces handouts, fliers, newsletters, brochures, manuals, and
- Answers the telephone, routes calls, or takes messages;
responds to and/or directs inquiries in person or on the
- May input budget figures, prepares requisitions, logs and
tracks expenditures, takes payments, or issues invoices or
- Maintains tracking systems and logs.
- Operates office equipment such as copiers and fax
- Provides first level student/faculty and staff support,
customer service, and technical assistance.
- Assists with software and hardware related problems, and
appropriately coordinates second level requests through the
submission of Technical Support Service tickets.
- Remains visible and available to all students, faculty, and
guests requiring technical assistance.
- Stays updated with campus technology changes and problems and
remains acquainted with the college's help resources.
- Monitors student and faculty activity in the ACCelerator
through conducting walkthroughs and providing front desk support as
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance of ACCelerator
lab, classroom, and study room equipment (e.g. dusting, cleaning,
logging off workstations, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring
equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and
- Establishing and maintaining effective working
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse
Required Work Experience
Required Work Experience
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and
- Use of variety of computer hardware and software
- Work is routinely performed in a standard office or similar
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Number of Openings:
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working
conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to
prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
Job Posting Close Date:
June 17, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are
required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act
(Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If
this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery
Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with
business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties
as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable
accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the
If you are a current Austin Community College
employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday