The Administrative Assistant assists in the daily operational
management of a department, including budgeting, customer service,
and administrative support duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Serves as initial contact, answers telephones, emails, assesses
and responds to inquiries, provides appropriate information and
direction, scheduling classroom or event space, processes mail and
- Prepares and reviews reports, forms, and documents; ensures
compliance with policies and campus procedures; maintains web
pages; schedules and prepares for meetings and/or special
- Processes purchase orders and remittance vouchers, maintains
office supplies, and collects and deposits miscellaneous
- Assigns and supervises the work of student employees.
- Serves as operational liaison to other departments, campus, and
- Assists with the development and oversight of budget and
financial information, such as maintaining balances, researching
discrepancies, and preparing reports and recommendations.
- Assists in the coordination and publicity of departmental
activities and events, including the design of brochures,
newsletters, or invitations.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Office principles and practices
- Budgeting principles
- Basic mathematics
- Customer service
- Grammar and writing formats
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail
- Research, preparation, and analysis of data
- Communication as applied to interaction with students,
coworkers, supervisor and the general public
- High School diploma or GED ; and
- One year of specialized training in administrative support or a
related field; and
- Three years of administrative support or related office
- A strong work ethic and ability to display initiative.
- Experience and willingness to create documents and share data
with Google Drive/suite.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled