The Alfred University Career Development Center empowers students
and alumni to find their professional purpose and meaningful work
through informed decision-making, practical experience, and
connection to the global community.
Reporting to the Director of the Career Development Center (CDC),
the Employer Relations Coordinator manages all aspects of on-campus
recruiting and is the primary liaison to all employers, recruiters,
and industry partners. The position requires high external
visibility with employers in the private, public, and non-profit
sectors. The Coordinator will strategically cultivate and
strengthen communication with and between employers, students,
alums, and faculty to maximize student employment outcomes and
university resources. The Employer Relations Coordinator will
oversee employer recruiting, including information sessions,
interviews, networking opportunities, and marketing strategies
directed to students and alums. Candidates must demonstrate an
ability to work with a diverse student population and serve as an
advocate for that diversity. This position is a 35 hour a week
- (60 percent) Represents the university at recruitment events
held on- and off-campus to educate employers on the university's
academic programs. Establish and cultivate relationships with
targeted employers and organizations through various mediums,
including but not limited to site visits, lunches, association
meetings, conferences, and networking opportunities. Manage and
maintain all aspects of the Employer Advisory Board. Develop
ongoing marketing strategies and materials to bring greater
visibility of the college to relevant employers and industries. Aid
and support collaborative initiatives in the CDC office and across
campus. In coordination with the CDC staff, oversee all aspects of
two all-industry, on-campus career fairs annually. The purposes of
these relationships are to:
- Create greater visibility of the university, its students, and
alums within relevant professional communities.
- Grow the number of full-time, freelance, internship, and co-op
opportunities advertised to Alfred University students and
- Grow the number of on-campus interviews and information
sessions conducted at the university.
- (20 percent) Oversees all communications to students, alums,
and employers regarding recruitment activities; designs and
develops marketing materials, including recruiting related website
documentation. Engage employers and recruiters to attend career
fairs and other on-campus recruitment opportunities. Compose and
strategize the content and timing of a large volume of
communications to students via Handshake and other
mediums, and present job-search strategies workshops to students
participating in on- and off-campus recruiting activities.
- (10 percent) Update, distribute, collect, and analyze
undergraduate and graduate students' graduate outcomes survey data;
write two comprehensive and interpretive reports annually to
distribute survey findings and industry analysis.
- (10 percent) Oversee employer approvals in Handshake, the
on-campus online recruiting system; serve as point person for
communication and outreach to employers and recruiters.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in education, human services,
business, liberal arts, or business is required.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of experience in college
recruiting, human resources, employer relations, management and
supervision of staff, marketing, or related fields preferred.
- Additional Knowledge/Skills:
- Proven professionalism and ability to interact effectively with
individuals from interns to CEOs.
- Demonstrated computer expertise such as database
administration, career-related internet sites, proficiency in
Microsoft Office, and various social media platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including
- An outgoing customer service-oriented style, effective in
building relationships through in-person, phone and online
- High level of cultural sensitivity and strong interest in
working with a diverse population.
- Commitment to confidentiality required in all matters,
especially with student meetings, handling resumes, and employment
- Willingness to develop as a professional in an office that must
be responsive to changing job markets and career/student
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, exhibiting
strong time management skills, strategic thinking, sound judgment,
and a sense of humor.
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal
employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any
employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color,
sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical
or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin,
marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status,
domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status,
political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.