Professional Math Tutor
Math & Computer Science
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
Math Learning Center ( MLC ) is now accepting application for the
Math Professional Tutors. The Professional Tutors will perform
tutoring and mentoring for students in Mathematics courses.
Primarily, they perform tutoring on Pre-Calculus, Calculus I and
Calculus II. The tutors report to Math Learning Center Coordinator
( MLCC ) on the performance of students taking advantage of the
tutoring and mentoring services. The duties and responsibilities
include, but not limited to,
• Reviewing classroom or curricula topics and assignments
• Working with students to help them understand key concepts,
especially those learned in the classroom
• Assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation,
papers, research and other academic tasks.
• Providing students positive and constructive feedback
• Mentoring students on understanding the purpose in their
• Maintaining a log of participant student tutee
• Facilitating the Math Learning Center events, if needed
• Undergraduate degree in Mathematics and at least one-year
tutoring or teaching in relevant subjects.
• Experience in Online Tutoring
• Available to work between noon and 11 p.m. every day of the
• Graduate degree in Mathematics, and collegiate tutoring
• Preference will be given to those who can also guide students in
upper-level courses such as Calculus III, Differential Equation,
Numerical Methods and Linear Algebra.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and be able to
lift 10 pounds or more.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT :
For questions or general inquiries, email Bhupendra Paudyal at
Central State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking
candidates committed to working in a diverse environment.
Central State University, as a multi-national and culturally
diverse University, is committed to providing an inclusive,
equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. It is the
University’s policy to prohibit discrimination and provide equal
opportunity to all employees, students and visitors, without regard
to their race, sex (including gender identity/expression), sexual
orientation, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, or veteran or military
Staff - Bi-Weekly (Non Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- * Do you have tutoring experience?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts