Coordinates, directs and manages the office of a top university
executive limited to a Vice Chancellor/Vice President, Asst Vice
Chancellor/Vice President, Vice President, Assoc Vice President,
Asst Vice President or Dean.
- Coordinates and manages the daily schedule of the university
executive with internal and external parties, which includes staff,
university administrators, alumni, students, Board of Regents,
government officials and community leaders.
- Maintains appointment/meeting schedule and calendar.
- Makes travel arrangements, screens all in-coming telephone
calls, and sorts and prioritizes mail.
- Drafts routine responses to correspondence as needed.
- Functionally supervises projects in the office of the
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and
meetings with executive staff members and outside individuals.
- May supervise secretarial and clerical staff in the
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Department is willing to accept experinece in lieu of
Department is wlling to accept education in lieu of
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the
The following documents are required:
- Higher Education experience.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Highest level of professionalism and respect for
confidentiality and ability to interact with all levels of internal
and external constituents.
- Experience drafting correspondence.
- Experience proofreading documents.
- Experience coordinating and organizing meeting and events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work
experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to
name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in
advance of making contact with any of your references. References
will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.