St. Charles Community College (SCC) is located in the greater St. Louis Region, one of the fastest growing areas in the state of Missouri. As an employee of SCC, you will join a positive and dynamic team of faculty and staff who are focused on the success of students. We offer a wide range of employee benefits including a comprehensive insurance program, robust retirement plan, generous paid time off programs, and paid holidays. You will share our core values, our beautiful student-centered campus and work among top professionals and educators in the industry.
St. Charles Community College is seeking an enthusiastic, student-centered Chief Financial Officer to join our professional administrative team. As a member of this team, you will provide primary oversight of Financial Services (accounts payable/receivable, payroll, purchasing, budget), Food Services and the Campus Store in support of the financial plans and goals of the college.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget, in collaboration with the Senior Vice President for Administrative Services,
- Prepares financial statements and manages the annual audit, in collaboration with the Senior Vice President for Administrative Services and the Director of Financial Services.
- Oversees the operations and personnel of Financial Services, Food Services and the Campus Store.
- Recommends policies and procedures to the Senior Vice President for Administrative Services, President and Cabinet.
- Manages the College's debt and investment portfolios, as needed.
- Prepares reports to comply with federal and state requirements.
- Presents information and recommendations to the President, Cabinet, Board of Trustees, college personnel, community members and business leaders.
- Serves as a member of the President's Cabinet.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Business, or related field, plus five years' experience, including supervisory experience in accounting, financial management, financial reporting, cash management and budgeting. Extensive knowledge of the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB)/Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Proficient in computer applications, workbooks, and spreadsheets. Certified Public Account (CPA) certification or Master's degree of Business Administration preferred.
EXPECTATION AND CORE VALUES
Our respectful, inclusive, and empowering work environment celebrates our accomplishments with our commitment to:
- SCC values student success and expects employees to be student-centered.
- SCC values teamwork and expects employees to demonstrate collaborative communication.
- SCC values innovation and encourages responsible risk-taking and create problem-solving.
- SCC values accountability and expects employees to demonstrate excellent customer service and professionalism.
Requires regular and predictable attendance.
**Will be subject to a criminal background check.
Reports to the Senior Vice President of Administrative Services.
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.