About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University competes as a Division III member of the
National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the
Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC). The University sponsors 20
intercollegiate sports for men and women in addition to club and
intramural teams, and a variety of recreational opportunities.
Seahawk Student-Athletes distinguish themselves in the classroom as
well as on the field with more than 35% attaining a GPA of 3.4 or
To assist the head coach in the coaching and teaching of skills and
game strategy of baseball as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary duty is teaching, coaching, and mentoring
student-athletes under head coach direction.
- Assist the head coach in the recruiting process as
- Coaching responsibilities in practice and match situations as
determined by the head coach.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Must adhere to all NCAA/CCC/Salve Regina University rules and
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged
with being knowledgeable of, and assuring and monitoring compliance
by all student- athletes, staff and assistant coaches with
applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies,
interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University and the
Commonwealth Coast Conference. Staff members shall immediately
advise the Compliance Office if there is reason to believe that
violations have occurred or will occur and shall cooperate fully in
any investigation of possible NCAA or Conference violations.
Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach or the Director
Incumbent is subject to both inside and outside work, and could
encounter extreme weather conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED required, college coursework
- A minimum of two years of playing or coaching experience
- Must possess current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to work with traditional-aged college
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer applications is
- Candidate must be committed to a philosophy that emphasizes
academic priorities and good citizenship both on and off the
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.