Office Assistant, Mailroom Services
Internal Position Title:
: Campus Services
Under the direct supervision of the Campus Services Manager, the
Office Assistant assists with the general mail room operation and
performance of shipping and receiving duties to include but not
limited to, sorting, picking up, delivering, and processing mail,
assisting with incoming goods, and phone and customer inquiries.
This position is responsible for making daily van deliveries to the
other College campus locations.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 50 lbs. on a
regular basis, and 70 lbs. on an occasional basis, with or without
3. Valid driver’s license.
1. Two (2) years’ office or mail room experience.
2. Experience driving a work van.
3. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Expected Start Date:
Special Instructions Summary:
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., hours may be reduced
during the shortened summer work weeks.
Software Testing Required:
Excel, MS Word, Outlook
Interview Process Requirements:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Summary of Essential Functions:
1. Sorts daily mail from post office.
2. Picks up and processes outgoing mail using the postal metering
3. Sorts incoming and interoffice mail, and assists with delivering
mail, publications, supplies, etc. to college offices, divisions,
and faculty, and prepares shipments for delivery to extension
4. Assists with receiving the incoming delivery of goods and
forwards to requisitioning departments; processes freight shipments
and return of goods.
5. Makes mail deliveries to other campuses.
6. Assists with storing items in a safe and efficient manner.
7. Assists with developing effective methods of outgoing mail
8. Assists with answering phones and customer inquiries.
9. Assists with print and copy jobs.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, visit https://jobs.clcillinois.edu/postings/23508