The COO is responsible for creating institutional efficiency and effectiveness, and for providing strategic, financial and operational leadership that aligns with and supports the mission, vision and values, goals and objectives of the University. The COO will work closely with the faculty, staff, and institutional partners to direct activities in support of institutional success. Central State University seeks a highly collaborative leader with a demonstrated record of excellence in strategic leadership, organizational and collaborative problem solving, as well as an ability to develop effective relationships across multiple constituencies. The COO will be an experienced leader with a history of ensuring financial success, facilitating critical conversations, and fostering innovation. 3 Reach Higher. Go Further. Thrive!™
Key Activities Include
• Provide support to the President in high level finance and budgetary administration in leading the senior leadership team
• Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of University operations and maximize the effective use of resources that support University initiatives, goals and objectives
• Develop and Integrate short-term and long-terms goals designed to optimize infrastructure and services that align with academic pursuits
• Provide oversight and administration of initiatives, programs and policies of the Office of the President
• Build an atmosphere of collaboration; provide leadership surrounding our mission, vision and values; communicate with all stakeholders that inspire and motivate
• Work closely with the faculty, staff, and students to direct activities in support of institutional success
• Build and nurture relationships to serve as a resource for the President and act as point of contact as designated for key constituents to resolve complex issues.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
• A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive leadership experience that includes the administration of a high level upper management leadership position including administrative, governance, budget, policies, programs, and initiatives
• Strong work ethic, personal integrity, excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning skills
• Analytical, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills.
• Ability to articulate the University’s mission, traditions, values, and perspectives.
• Ability to develop budgets and design and manage efficient business processes.
• Demonstrated organizational, management, leadership and critical thinking skill
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective short-term and long-term vision and leadership in a changing higher education environment
• Ability to maintain productive relationships with all segments of the community and with appropriate external stakeholders
• Exemplary communication skills (both oral and written) evidenced by a background in preparing comprehensive reports and executive briefings
• Ability to thrive in an environment that requires strategic thought and tactical execution
• Doctoral or terminal degree
• Experience in a higher education environment
Applications should consist of a letter of interest specifically addressing the qualifications and experiences outlined in the job description, a curriculum vitae or resume, and a list of five professional references with full contact information.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary is negotiable.
To Apply (click Apply)
For full prospectus, (click prospectus)