A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Health Sciences
(ATSU-ASHS) is seeking applications for an administrative office
manager for the Occupational Therapy department on the Mesa,
Arizona campus. This position is for an innovative and dedicated
individual to assist with all aspects of the program. The applicant
will coordinate with Department services such as purchasing,
payroll, records control, and other administrative activities for
the department. The applicant will also interpret operating
policies; exercise independent judgment in the resolution of
Major Job Duties
- Assist with the applicant review process.
- Maintain correspondence, scan/email information to faculty,
staff, students, and other persons as designated by the sender.
Address and email any correspondence needed for Faculty, Staff, and
- Prepare time cards for employee adjuncts, or check requests for
non -employees and submit them to the proper department for
- Submit usage forms for faculty /staff.
- Plan and implement program professional events, providing
support of administrative needs of the program, schedules rooms,
order meals, preparing event forms.
- White Coat
- Order white coats
- Responsible for updating the White Coat/Pinning program
- Prepare seating chart for the ceremony
- Send email instructions to both classes
- Classroom demonstration of coat placement Do's and Don'ts
- Day of, line up students, instruct on how to comport
- Send invitation to those adjuncts chosen to be member of stage
- Track thank you notes of students to their donors
- New Student Orientation
- Correspond with incoming students
- Schedule rooms
- Order meals for 2·day orientation
- Order student medical equipment
- Check for completion of order
- Distribute on orientation day
- Act as a go-between to replace defective medical equipment with
- Initiate and maintain student, clinical, alumni, and
professional contact databases.
- Prepare and maintain student files, including scanning of
graduating class files.
- As keeper of the files, responsible for retrieving records for
faculty use, following FERPA rules
- File all student records
- Schedule student review board meetings as requested by the
chair or faculty.
- Schedule rooms for meetings and send invites to faculty
- Take notes
- Edit drafts of SRB letters and send to students
- Forward letters to appropriate parties
- Provide administrative support in areas of purchasing,
professional correspondence, and assisting the PA chair/program
- Coordinates and implements department services such as payroll,
records control, projects and budget accounting operations.
- prepare/process all-time cards for employees as well as adjunct
faculty for labs, workshops,
- Submit payments for standardized patients
- Maintain storage of electronic files of payments
- Note-taking during faculty /staff meetings, schedule room, send
invites for meetings
- Proctor exams.
- Prepare copies of images in case student has issue viewing the
image on test question
- Prepare room morning of test with random sea assignments
- Provide course adoption information form for book list to
- Faculty and staff travel.
- Secure flights, hotels/ car rentals for traveling faculty
- Prepare either advance paperwork and/or travel expense reports
for faculty and staff
- Facilitate verification form completion for NBCOT Preparation.
- Fill out form, provide whatever documentation is needed for the
chair to sign
- Get form "stamped"
- Email to appropriate person
- Email the student to inform that task has been completed
- Track request for leave forms, maintain PA vacation and CME
- Facilitate contact between faculty, staff, and
- Provide clerical and general office support that contributes to
the accomplishment of the goals of the program
- Interact with faculty, students, staff, alumni, and
professionals in the academic community and the general
- Ensure complete confidentiality in matters pertaining to
university personnel, university business, and all
- Analyzes department operating practices such as record-keeping
systems, forms control, office layout, and personnel requirements,
- Interprets and communicates operating policies.
- Coordinates preparation of financial and operations
- Locates and compiles information and formats reports, graphs,
tables, records, and other sources of information.
- Assembles and categorizes facts and figures for written
computation and calculations.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic
calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets,
relation databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to
assemble, manipulate, and/or format data and/or reports.
- Other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- Experience with Word and Excel; Qualtrics
- Experience running reports in a student management system
- Comfortable with technology
- Meticulous documentation
- Time management
- Ability to shift attention between tasks
- Ability to track one's work and productivity
- 3 years college experience required; 4 years preferred