Job Specification Information
Job Posting Number
Program Administrative Specialist
Regular or Contingent II
Desired Start Date
$47,951 - $55,000
Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Schedule and coordinate flow of work to expedite production via
phone, fax or email. Distribute work orders to functional units;
confers with unit supervisors within Facilities Management to
determine work status and coordinate work of various units to
accomplish work sequentially.
2. Confer with unit supervisors within Facilities Management to
determine material requirements to assure availability of materials
and supplies needed to complete work.
3. Performs a full range of clerical to paraprofessional duties
related to the day-to-day operations of a program or office.
Suggests, recommends, and implements new or revised procedures and
practices within the organization.
4. Review work orders for validity, accuracy, justification and
5. Gathers data for use in formulation of the organization’s
budgets and project proposals.
6. Advises the program head and administrative officials regarding
policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program
7. Interacts with internal and external customers of the
university. Handles sensitive and confidential information with
tact and discretion.
8. Remains current with and maximizes the use of technology for
efficient processing, generation of reports, and the like.
9. Confer with unit supervisors within Facilities Management on
monthly maintenance budget tracking.
10. Maintain accurate records of budgetary transactions, and
collect invoices and work orders to prepare budget reports
reflecting maintenance work expenditures.
11. Provide monthly maintenance budget reports and identify short
falls and surpluses.
12. Utilize manual and/or automated work control systems to process
maintenance work orders.
13. Collect and maintain data from various University departments
needed to update annual greenhouse gas records.
14. Update Annual Green House Gas reports utilizing designated
collection and reporting tool(s).
15. Maintain updates on ACUPCC website for accurate reporting of
University’s greenhouse gas reduction.
16. Update and maintain database for door access systems.
17. Maintain schedules for various campus systems, including
exterior lighting schedules and electronic locking systems.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbent performs other related duties assigned.
Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon
These are the job duties for required of the position
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills and
abilities required for full performance of the work of the job
class may be substituted for education or experience requirement on
a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to
one year of experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
General knowledge of methods, practices, production procedures, and
equipment used on maintenance and operations crafts; of basic
mathematics including the practical applications of fractions,
percentages, ratios and proportions. Working knowledge of work
control procedures; of supply and purchasing procedures, budget and
accounting processes. Ability to ensure accuracy of budgetary
transactions. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
writing; to operate automated work control and recordkeeping
systems. Skill in the use of office automation software and its
applications, ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships, to handle sensitive materials with discretion and
tact, to present ideas and information clearly and concisely, both
orally and in writing. Ability to independently handle multiple
tasks and set priorities.
Conditions of Employment
Please be advised, COVID -19 vaccinations are encouraged but not
required for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State
University. This protocol is subject to change.
A skills level assessment will be administered to candidates on
Microsoft 2016 Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical
inquiries and/or medical examination to determine ability to
perform the job. Valid Maryland Non-Commercial Class C or
equivalent driver’s license may be required.
This position may be required to work varying shifts including
midday to evening shift or second shift.
Bowie State University offers an excellent benefits package! This
includes tuition remission including eligible dependents; choice of
medical/vision plans, Carefirst BC/BS, United Health Care and
Kaiser plans, dental, prescription, life insurance, and training
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicant
Quick Link for Internal Postings
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a minimum one (1) year of administrative
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3