The College of Nursing at Xavier University is seeking a talented
candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant III to
manage the operation of the Dean’s office and provide analytical
and administrative support to the Dean and Associate Dean. This
position reports directly to the Dean of the College of Nursing
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the Dean’s Office general communications with the CoN
department offices and major campus administrative offices,
including other campus units and the public.
- Review, edit, and prepare memos, draft emails/messages,
presentations, templates, presentations, and reports for CoN Dean’s
- Manage complex schedule calendar.
- Act as the point person for the CoN Advisory Board to
distribute meeting agendas and meeting materials and take minutes
for the meetings.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for travel arrangements, meetings
and special events, i.e. faculty development events, adjunct
- Maintain confidential faculty and staff personnel files,
tenure, and merit information.
- Assist with accommodation, probation/suspension letters and
- In collaboration with the ABSN Administrative Assistant, manage
new faculty and adjuncts onboarding, job requisitions, and
appropriate access setup.
- Assist in managing/monitoring the Dean’s office budgets,
including purchasing, transfers, disbursements, and related fund
- Assist in award distributions, stipends, tutorials, student
work-study and internships, and supplemental faculty pay.
- Serve as the CoN physical space coordinator, i.e. reporting
service needs, ordering signage and keys, and stocking, refilling,
and reordering all sanitation supplies for the building.
- Provide technical support for special projects or initiatives
for the College of Nursing.
- Manage databases for collection and entry of college data for
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate’s or
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience is preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of office procedures with intermediate
to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in an environment of frequent
interruptions and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Quick learner
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic
tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is
strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity.
These values are central to our mission
. We strive
for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and
supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is
committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately
seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to
enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without
discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three professional references on Xavier University's website.
Candidates are asked to include their cover letter a brief
statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s
commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Review of applications will start on June 7, 2023
position will remain open until filled.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and
affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational,
health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility
varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental,
vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account,
flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance,
accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick
leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible