Uveitis Fellowship-Trained Ophthalmologist
Dell Medical School
May 15, 2023
Open until filled
The University of Texas at Austin, Dell Medical School, is seeking
a uveitis fellowship-trained ophthalmologist, to join the
Department of Ophthalmology and the Mitchel and Shannon Wong Eye
Institute (MSWEI) at the Dell Medical School. Qualified candidates
will be considered at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate
Professor or Professor, non-tenured and tenured.
The Dell Medical School is part of The University of Texas at
Austin, one of the nation's leading research universities. The Dell
Medical School pursues innovation in the redesign of healthcare
delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and undergraduate and
graduate medical education.
The Dell Medical School is focused on the development of new models
for healthcare delivery, promotion of health, and innovation.
The Department of Ophthalmology and the MSWEI seek to recruit
dynamic, academically oriented, mission and culturally aligned
faculty. This is a 100% FTE position.
Other Possible Functions:
- Serve as a clinical ophthalmologist to deliver evidence-based
and value-based care with an interest in redesign initiatives.
- Assist in the training of residents and students in the
clinical and surgical management of eye conditions and diseases of
- Engage in scientiﬁc inquiry in conjunction with learners and
faculty at Dell Med and UT Austin.
- Participate in strategic planning and other efforts directly
tied to the development and growth of the MSWEI.
- Interest in developing outcomes metrics to measure
- Commitment to health equity
- Develop partnerships with referring physicians, hospitals and
others in Austin and Central Texas.
- The department also seeks individuals to serve in the following
- Associate Chair (Vice Chair) of Research
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school
- Current Board certiﬁcation/eligibility in Ophthalmology
- Eligible for medical licensure in Texas
- Fellowship training in Uveitis
- Eligible for faculty appointment with The University of Texas
at Austin Dell Medical School
- Interest in research
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all
applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and
affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of
equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability,
religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and
activities, and admissions.
To apply, visit https://faculty.utexas.edu/career/116063
- Record of leadership and scholarly achievement.