About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Em bry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University ' s Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 202 2-23, there were over 1 1,1 00 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University ' s
residential campuses and approximately 20,195 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
A Facilities Construction Specialist Crew Lead is a multi-skilled
tradesman and crew leader who works primarily on new construction
and interior improvements as opposed to maintenance. Projects
include residential and commercial construction, renovation, and
remodeling. The Construction Specialist Lead performs a wide range
of skilled construction tasks necessary for renovations/remodels
including demolition, plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilating,
and/or air conditioning facilities and equipment at a level not
requiring formal licensure in addition to being a member of the
crew this position also organizes the work mobilization and
workflow. The Lead will also spend considerable time performing
carpentry work, sheetrocking, finish carpentry, door hanging and
painting and may be required to perform tasks of other unlicensed
trades, such as operating light equipment, carpentry, and painting.
This position should be able to read blueprints. The Lead practices
preventive maintenance of tools and equipment and complies with
federal regulations governing safety, environmental protection,
hazardous waste disposal, and the use of chemical substances and
materials common to construction.
ERAU benefits include:
Required Education :
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 4% of employee contributions
- Two BCBS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library,
mailroom and enjoy observation flights
High school (or GED) level ability in spelling, grammar, basic
composition, and math.
Formal diploma/certificate/degree program of 6-18 months after high
Area of study:
Construction or Construction
Required licenses, certificates, and /or security
State of Arizona Valid Driver’s License
OHSA 10 certification
Forklift, Scissor lift and aerial certification
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
Required minimum number of years work related
- Ability to remain awake and alert at all times while working on
- Ability to be flexible and constantly adjust to changing
- Ability to follow through and carry out assignments.
- Problem-solving skills and sound judgement.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing and
- Ability to understand and apply University and Departmental
policies and procedures.
- Must be physically able to consistently perform job
- Skill to Coordinate and direct grounds maintenance.
- Ability to develop short and medium range grounds development
- Ability and skill to check own work/documentation for
completion and accuracy of data.
- Skill in operating trenchers, tractors, roto-tillers chippers,
and other commonly used larger pieces of power driven grounds
5 – 10