Posting Detail Information
Adjunct Faculty, Workforce & Professional Development
Internal Position Title
College of Lake County is seeking an Adjunct Faculty, Workforce and
Professional Development. The instructor will propose and deliver
high-quality training and non-credit learning opportunities.
Current offerings enhance skills in business, communication,
education, healthcare, information technology, and manufacturing.
Adjunct Faculty may design trainings that support a wide variety of
professional development needs in corporations and the
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) offers a competitive salary,
excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of
Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans,
tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three
retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life
insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account
plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous
vacation, sick and personal time off and 14 paid holidays each
In 2023, CLC became a Leader College meaning we are comprehensive
community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to
being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing
paths for our students by offering exceptional learning
We not only include Diversity in our values, but we demonstrate it
in our hiring of Staff and Faculty.
CLC has earned national recognition by Achieving the Dream as a
Leader College based on our intentional work to improve key student
milestones that correlate to student completion.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni.
- Experience presenting to groups, teaching, or corporate
training, preferably to adults.
- Developed and/or implemented curriculum, preferably in an
educational or professional setting.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of
diverse cultures, gender identities, language groups, and
abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the
diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Competency in technologies commonly used in college level
instruction, dependent on subject area.
- An area of passion or expertise that would help enhance job
skills in our community.
- Current licensing or certification if required to teach in the
assigned subject area.
- Flexibility to travel to a variety of campus or training sites
across Lake County.
- Continuing education, or corporate training curriculum
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates.
As teaching needs arise, applications will be reviewed for possible
interviews. The number of adjunct faculty hired varies from
semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department.
Adjunct faculty hires and assignments are coordinated by the
The Faculty Success Framework illustrates the fundamental elements
of a faculty member’s career at CLC . Its purpose is to support a
culture of continual faculty development and to provide full but
flexible paths for faculty to both consistently contribute to
student success efforts and cultivate professional fulfillment. Our
Guiding Principles for Teaching and Learning Excellence ( CLC CARES
) outline the qualities we expect CLC faculty will exemplify in
their professional and pedagogical engagement with students.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application
can remain under consideration for the academic year. You may check
your status at any time by logging into firstname.lastname@example.org with
your username and password. Thanks for being patient with the
adjunct faculty hiring process.
Per Adjunct contract
Total Hours per week
Based on Schedule
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
Summary of Essential Functions
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Teach courses in subject field. Develop instructional
materials. Assess student learning and assign grades. Attend
required Adjunct meetings in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic
life. Maintain current knowledge of subject matter.
- Faculty members are expected to maintain current in compliance
training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible
Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security
- Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course
outlines and printed and non-printed instructional materials.
- Teach courses as scheduled each academic semester.
- Provide instructional support to the students. Refer students,
when appropriate, to sources of specialized services within the
- Provide the Division and the students a syllabus that includes
course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in
line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and
evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College,
Division, or departmental policy.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course
objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects,
discussions or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely manner on
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles.
- Maintain office/discipline/grade/division records as required
by the College.
- Be available for student consultation through phone or
- Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve
and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
- Assist in developing and administering discipline-appropriate
measures of student academic achievement, use departmental testing
instruments as provided. Administer other instruments designed to
measure student learning outcomes as requested and required by the
department. Provide all results as requested.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and
current course syllabus and approved textbook (and/or related
- Meet all classes for the scheduled time.
- Submit all grades (mid/final) electronically prior to the
required deadlines. Provide the Registrar appropriate grade
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course
evaluations when available and use feedback to improve course
- Revise and update course content as needed.
- Participate, when appropriate, in the formation and meetings of
program advisory boards, college, division, and department
- Maintain a high level of professional ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate
- POSITIONS SUPERVISED : None
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience presenting to groups, teaching, or
corporate training, preferably to adults?
- * Have you developed and/or implemented curriculum, preferably
in an educational or professional setting?
- * Do you have experience in the use of technologies commonly
used in college level instruction?
- * Do have current licensing or certification if required to
teach in the assigned subject area?
- * Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Availability Schedule
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Other Document
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Media Portfolio
- Teaching Portfolio
- Design Portfolio