Office: Office of Admission
Reports to: Director of Admission
Work Period: 12-month
Job Grade: 7
General Summary: Assists in the recruitment activities of
the admission office within the guidelines of federal,
state and local laws and office, division and college policies and
procedures. Reports to the Director of Admission
and works with Enrollment Division team members, prospective
students and their supporters, high school
guidance counselors, and campus partners in recruiting best fit
students to Agnes Scott College.
Essential Job Functions:
Assistant Director of Admission
· Interprets college and admission policies and practices to
students, parents, alumni, staff and guidance
counselors, in a variety of settings including, but not limited to,
evening information programs, high school
visits, college fairs, and counselor meetings.
· Recruits prospective high school students and applicants from
within an assigned segment and geographic
territory, which will involve approximately 6 weeks of travel
during the fall and spring.
· Conducts on-campus interviews and information sessions to both
large and small groups; assists with other
on-campus recruitment and yield activities.
· Evaluates candidates for admission and scholarships and counsels
students through the full enrollment
· Fulfills programmatic responsibilities assigned by the director
of admission based on the needs of the office.
· Travels and works evenings and weekends as needed.
· Utilizes office-wide CRM, Slate, to facilitate in managing
relationships with prospective students and
· Assists in training and mentoring admission staff as
· Operates within approved travel and program budgets.
· Compiles extensive mid-year and annual reports and interprets
Campus Visit Coordinator
· Conceptualizes and plans campus visits and events while adhering
to and monitoring timelines.
· Arranges logistics such as facilities set-up, catering,
transportation, event programming and speakers
· Coordinates the campus visit program for the Office of Admission
to aid in recruitment and yield efforts;
examples of events include but are not limited to the following: on
and off campus receptions, open houses,
student and counselor group visitations.
· Provides strategic leadership to the campus visit program and
assists in managing the Elizabeth Kiss
Welcome Center and the Office of Admission visit calendar
· Co-manages and supports the Admission Experience Fellow position
along with the Director of Admission
· Assists in long range planning, goal setting and territory
management for the admission team specifically
related to campus visit programs.
· Develops relationships with vendors, volunteers (students,
alumni, faculty and staff) and other campus and
Education: BA/BS in related occupational field of study.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years work and/or internship experience in
admission or enrollment management or a
related field with other employers.
· Event management experience preferred, preferably in a higher
· Highly motivated, results oriented and goal driven.
· Good judgment and the ability to work collegially as part of a
team in a deadline-driven environment.
· Ability and willingness to work effectively in a workplace that
values diversity, equity and inclusion.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and to maintain
· Proven success working with a variety of people and
· Self-starter and able to multi-task with moderate
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
· Irregular evening and weekend hours and overtime required on a
regular basis, depending on events, projects
· Occasional opportunities for remote work
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, and
occasional moving of light objects. Work is performed in an office
with occasional travel.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
Please apply online. Position is posted until filled. Due to the
overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable
to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed
Agnes Scott College does not discriminate on the basis of, race,
color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age,
veteran status, disability or genetic information, gender identity
and gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law
in its employment. Agnes Scott College has a strong commitment to
diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to
Health & Safety Measures
All persons hired by Agnes Scott College must submit proof of
COVID-19 vaccination prior to starting employment unless they have
been granted an exemption based upon a medical or religious