Content Management Associate for Academic Research
About The State University of New York:
The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers live within 30 miles of any one of SUNY's 64 colleges and universities. Across the system, SUNY has four academic health centers, five hospitals, four medical schools, two dental schools, a law school, the state's only college of optometry, and manages one US Department of Energy National Laboratory. In total, SUNY serves about 1.4 million students amongst its entire portfolio of credit- and non-credit-bearing courses and programs, continuing education, and community outreach programs. SUNY oversees nearly a quarter of academic research in New York. Research expenditures system-wide are nearly $1.1 billion in fiscal year 2022, including significant contributions from students and faculty. There are more than three million SUNY alumni worldwide, and one in three New Yorkers with a college degree is a SUNY alum. To learn more about how SUNY creates opportunities, visit www.suny.edu
The SUNY System Administration Office of Research, Innovation, and Economic Development (ORIED) seeks a Content Management Associate for Academic Research. This position will report to ORIED and be responsible for supporting the communication of SUNY's research impact in close collaboration with the Office of Press and Communications.
The Content Management Associate for Academic Research will apply their expertise in communications strategies and tactics across digital, social, and print media to clearly communicate the implications of scientific and technical concepts in a broad range of fields, to both insider and general audiences, and highlight SUNY's research accomplishments, capabilities, and work.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Produce compelling written and multimedia content for social, web, email, print, and other media that clearly communicates the value and impact of SUNY research activities
- Explain complex scientific and technical topics accessibly, accurately, and engagingly for a range of audiences
- Serve as liaison between the ORIED, the Office of Press and Communications, and the Research Foundation for SUNY to find and develop research stories
- Create data visualizations to support the work of ORIED, the Research Foundation for SUNY, and the Office of Press and Communications
- Develop and pitch new communications strategies and tactics to communicate with key audiences, both external and within the SUNY system
- Assist with tracking and reporting the effectiveness of communications for continual improvement
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to understand and weave compelling narratives about academic research activity and entrepreneurship across disciplines
- Demonstrated data storytelling experience
- Experience producing engaging content across a variety of social media platforms
- Science communications background or comparable journalism/communications experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to adapt to an organizational brand and voice
- Experience with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite or Figma
- Experience with PowerBI, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Familiarity with content management systems for basic web content posting
- Academic concentrations in both STEM and Humanities disciplines
Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications. Excellent Benefit Package which includes; NYS health insurance, free dental and vision, competitive retirement options, tuition assistance and generous vacation, sick and holiday accruals. Strong emphasis on work-life balance.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online at https://sunysystem.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=161823
Please submit a cover letter, resume and four professional references when applying. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com