The Department of Communication, Art, and Design at Gardner-Webb University invites applications for a nine-month tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Graphic Design. We value quality teaching and seek innovative and creative scholars who will enjoy working closely with undergraduate students in a Christian environment. Faculty members will be required to teach on campus.
Other responsibilities may include arranging and supervising undergraduate art students and assisting in coordinating the scheduling and advising communication, art, and design majors.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Demonstrate evidence of sustained professional activity in graphic design.
- Demonstrate continuing professional and educational growth.
- Ability to work and serve on committees.
- Provide academic and professional advising to communication, art, and design majors.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of integrity by supporting the University and performing other duties assigned to the Department Chair.
- Master of Fine Arts degree or equivalent terminal degree. (Ph.D. preferred but not required.)
- Record of successful collaboration and teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to teach Graphic Design courses at the university level, including basic, intermediate, and advanced as well as layout and design, Color Typography, and senior portfolio.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Adobe Creative suite of programs.
- Demonstrated record of advanced professional work in the field and/or other evidence of scholarly/creative research activity such as exhibition record, production, publication record, or similar areas.
- Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
- Experience teaching and developing online/hybrid courses and innovative online pedagogy.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional mentoring in graphic design.
- Commitment to the University mission.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working across disciplines.
- Professional development and scholarly productivity commiserate with expectations of at tenure-track faculty member.
- A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position;
- A resume/curriculum vitae;
- A teaching philosophy;
- A statement of your research interests; and
- A list of five (5) references.
Candidates should complete the application using the link below and include the required materials with their application submission. Salary is commensurate with experience. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Questions about the program and/or job specifics should be directed to Dr. Kortni Alston, Chair, Department of Communication, Art, and Design, email@example.com.
Gardner-Webb University (gardner-webb.edu) is a coeducational, residential, private, historically Baptist, Christian institution, located in Boiling Springs, North Carolina with easy access to Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville-Spartanburg. The University offers 80+ undergraduate and graduate degree programs to approximately 3,600 students. GWU is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral/Professional University. In 2022, Gardner-Webb was home to students from 93 counties in North Carolina, 44 US states, and 28 foreign countries. GWU is a NCAA Division I institution with 22 athletic teams and 600 student-athletes.
Gardner-Webb University maintains a policy of non-discrimination. No aspect of employment will be influenced by race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, age, or any other basis prohibited by statute.
Gardner-Webb University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity within its faculty, staff, and students.