A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral
Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking applications for an Assistant
Professor/CCU Director on the Mesa, Arizona campus.
Major Job Duties:
- General – promote an atmosphere of respect, collegiality,
commitment to diversity and social justice, and humanistic learning
- General – conduct teaching, scholarship, service and patient
care in support of the mission and goals of ASDOH and ATSU.
- Teaching – clinical supervision as a general dentist in the
CCUs or other ASDOH clinics; effectively carry out lecture,
seminar, preclinical and clinical assignments as assigned.
- Service – Participate and seek leadership positions in
committees, faculty governance, professional societies and
associations, and community events.
- Scholarship - As workload allows, establish and maintain
activity in area of expertise.
Education & Experience:
- Clinical Student Supervision: Provide clinical supervision of
predoctoral dental students in patient care activities within the
scope of general dentistry that integrates biomedical &
- Clinic Administration: Enforce clinic policy including
infection control, quality improvement, risk management,
compliance, recordkeeping, & assure safety; direct and
supervise faculty and staff as delegated; assist in clinical
faculty scheduling; support and participate in accreditation.
- Patient Care: Provide direct patient care that supports
community service, efficient clinic operations, student education,
or when in the best interest of the patient (e.g: treatment is too
complex for assigned student provider); manage the patient’s
treatment and clinic experience.
- Teaching: Effectively carry out lecture, seminar and clinical
assignments and responsibilities as assigned working
collaboratively to create an integrated curriculum; assess/document
student progress towards competency in collaboration with other
faculty; develop individualized education plans; mentor students;
plan, implement and lead faculty calibration.
- Documentation: Complete documentation as assigned including
student performance and progress towards competency; review and
approve EHR; syllabi and course manuals; patient progress and
management; compliance; accreditation; incident reports; etc.
- Participate in faculty development; present continuing
education courses for community dentists.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- DDS or DMD Required.
- At least three years' experience in private practice or
advanced graduate training as a general dentist or
- Experience in clinical dental teaching is preferred.
- Eligibility for Arizona Dental License.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to be self-directed and take the initiative.
- Must be highly skilled in general dentistry.
- Diplomacy a must. Individual must be organized. Good
communication skills. Adaptable and motivated. Able to work
independently. Team oriented, strong mentoring, and
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits