Integrated Technology Services Technician - Audio-Visual
Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
The Audio-Visual Technician is responsible for the recommendation,
design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of
complex audio-visual systems and provides recommendations for
audio-visual equipment campus wide. Serves as a campus liaison and
technical expert providing audio-visual equipment and support for
campus events. Also responsible for installation, maintenance,
troubleshooting and repair of computer equipment, computer
peripherals, network devices, telephone equipment and other
electronic devices. Works alone and as a team member on a wide
variety of projects that have a distinct impact upon the university
and WITS. The position involves a significant level of contact with
staff, faculty, contractors and vendors.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are
not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed, in
any particular order of significance.
- Designs, installs and maintains complex audio-visual systems
campus wide utilizing industry best practices.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for audio-visual
- Provides coordination, setup and live operation of audio-visual
equipment for certain campus events.
- Installs, maintains and repairs computer, audio-visual, and
other equipment on campus. Performs minor construction to install
- Develops detailed designs and specifications for the
installation of equipment.
- Sets up equipment for labs, classes, presentations or
individual use. Equipment may include but is not limited to data
projectors, networked computers, sound equipment, video equipment,
other audio-visual equipment and security devices.
- Maintains records of inventory, repair, placement, and
maintenance of equipment.
- Serves as a resource for identifying and solving problems
related to network, computer, audio-visual and telecommunications
- Participates in the assisting and training of faculty and staff
in the use of technology.
- Serves as a member of the WITS Technical Support Services Team
and WITS Infrastructure Services.
- Effectively uses time and available resources.
- Works with and cooperate with all staff.
- Maintains records and inventories in a technical
- Performs manual labor, including safely heavy lifting (50 lbs.
- Performs other essential duties and implementation of special
projects as assigned.
Salary: $23.25 per hour
Applications will reviewed on a rolling basis as received until
the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of
your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
- Any combination of experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions
of the position. High school diploma or equivalent. Two years
college and/or technical school preferred.
- Minimum three years skilled experience in professional
audio-visual design, installation, maintenance, repair and support,
as well as maintenance and support of computers and other
technology equipment. Supervisory experience helpful.
- Possess knowledge and experience in as many of the following
areas as possible: Repairing, maintaining, and overseeing the
operation of computers and audio-visual equipment; Repairing and
performing installation and maintenance of computer equipment in PC
and Macintosh environment, the network environment and in software
installation; Operating sound, light and electronics as they apply
to audiovisual maintenance, repair and operation; Trouble-shooting
techniques; Reading and interpreting schematics and service
manuals; Using a variety of power and hand tools, cleaners and test
equipment related to the maintenance and repair of
- Demonstrates ability and skills to: Operate and oversee the
operation of technology-related equipment; Review and prepare
specifications for electronic and mechanical equipment; Review,
understand and apply concepts presented in equipment operation
manuals, training programs, conferences and/or professional
- Works under pressure and maintain efficiency and
- Uses tact and judgment in dealing with the public.
- Willingness to travel and/or work at various hours as
- An employer-paid pre-placement physical required.
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain
harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and
- Ability to reside in Oregon by the first day of employment or
otherwise perform work primarily in Oregon.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Integrated-Technology-Services-Technician---Audio-Visual-Technician_R0005075
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume