The Pediatrics Department is looking for a Senior Research
Coordinator to lead the day-to-day coordination activities of the
clinical research study in Pediatric Neurology. Primary
responsibilities include patient enrollment, screening, monitoring
of research participants, and reporting to the clinical research
sponsor. Responsible for ensuring accurate data collection,
documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers.
Provides exceptional patient/customer experiences coordinating
care, visits, and study requirements with patients and their
- Manages patient enrollment (recruiting, screening, and
interviewing) and study consent process of patients into a clinical
- Explains the study's processes and procedures to educate the
- EKGs/ECG's and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- Is responsible for electronic case reporting requirements in
accordance with all FDA and clinical trial study requirements.
- Manages and enters study information into CTMS (clinical trial
management system) database.
- Communicates with patients and families throughout study.
- Interacts with sponsors and/or coordinating sites as required
to facilitate protocol activities and maintains current study
- Collects, processes and stores or ships blood or biological
specimens as outlined per study protocols and associated lab or
procedural manuals, in accordance with IATA Guidelines.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for the
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as
laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific study visits
for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to the appropriate
- Schedules and orders study supplies and equipment as
- Reviews protocol documents, including abstracts, text, and
informed consent for relevant information.
- Prepares documentation necessary to obtain initial and
continued approval for the specific research protocol.
- Collaborates with physician, mid-level practitioners, and
research nurses and data managers to document patient care.
- Conducts subject research study education as required within
the scope of practice.
- Submits serious adverse event reporting and follow up as
- Evaluates and analyzes clinical research data as
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four
years of related experience may substitute for degree
- Five years of relevant experience.
- ACRP Certified Clinical Research Coordinator or SOCRA Certified
Clinical Research Professional certification
- EPIC experience
- Therapeutic clinical research study experience
- Knowledge of FDA Good Clinical Practices
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully
vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against
vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to,
COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action/Equal Access Employer.