Open Until Filled
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
This position is eligible for a Hybrid schedule which includes 3
days onsite in the Provost’s Office in coordination with other
Location of Position
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Provost Office supports a variety of services across the
division and campus in support of the academic mission of Dartmouth
College. Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs, Global Initiatives, and
administrative operations are part of the infrastructure essential
to the success of the division and institution. The
supports these functions as well
as new and ongoing initiatives through primary calendar and project
support for those leading these efforts in the Provost Office. The
contributes to the overall smooth
operation of the Provost’s office and is also the first point of
contact for visitors to the Provost’s office.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Bachelors plus 3-5 years' experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
* Three years of office experience in a related field, with some
* Two years of experience in a program or event office, ensuring
the smooth operation of all aspects of meetings and events.
* In-depth knowledge of office procedures.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities
and adhere to deadlines.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products and database
* Demonstrated skill in problem-solving, decision-making, and
* Ability to generate content and update web pages.
* Demonstrated writing and proofreading skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at one time.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a
wide range of constituencies both on- and off-campus.
* Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and to handling highly
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse
* Experience in Higher Education preferred.
* Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Daniel Veres, Senior Executive Assistant
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road
vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Greets and establishes rapport with all visitors and individuals
contacting the office. Provides information regarding the office’s
areas of purview; works effectively, professionally, and
sensitively with a diverse group of external callers and visitors
as well as internal contacts at all levels of the institution.
Cross-trains with other administrative staff to provide seamless
backup and support in the Provost’s Office as needed.
Percentage Of Time
| Supports the active calendars for Provost Officers as assigned
and provides complete support for meeting and event logistics,
travel arrangements/itineraries, and expense reimbursement
Percentage Of Time
Manages special projects and activities as assigned. Establishes
and maintains activity and programs files and databases to ensure
accuracy and accessibility of information; creates timely and
accurate reports, extracting data from multiple sources; updates
and maintains program websites.
Percentage Of Time
Ensures the efficiency and decorum of Provost Office operations and
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
others. Supports the College's mission to foster inclusiveness and
Performs other duties as assigned
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter