The Career Advisor plays a major role in providing career advising
and development opportunities for students and alumni. Provides
services including resume development, interviewing practice,
networking help, and career exploration .
- Meet with students and alumni one-on-one to discuss various
topics regarding career planning and exploration. Help for students
and alumni includes developing resumes, cover letters, practicing
interviewing, networking skills, career assessments, and more.
- Serve as the liaison for the Efroymson Diversity Center working
with underrepresented students on all career development needs.
Build deep relationships with students in the Center, as well as,
- Serve as the liaison to one college, working with this group of
unique students on all career development needs. Build connections
with students, faculty, and staff partners.
- Create and deliver engaging, career-related presentations and
workshops for students in the Diversity Center, other colleges, and
other constituent groups. Meet prospective students and parents at
campus events to promote CaPS programs and services.
- Co-collect and co-manage the First Destination Survey data that
showcases the success of Butler graduates.
- Create and gather assessment data on programming and make
changes based on results and learning outcomes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Assist in coordinating and implementing CaPS events by helping
with tasks such as setup and registration during daytime and
- Other duties as assigned.
BU Benefits and Perks
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s degree preferred in education, human resources, or
another related field
- Two years experience working with college students
- Excellent networking, communication, and interpersonal
- Experience providing successful support for those of diverse
- Experience working with assessments including Strong, MBTI,
Focus 2, Strengths, or others
- Understanding of the career options for today's college
- Understanding of data collection
Please check out Butler’s
Total Rewards website
to learn more about our benefit
offerings, that include:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays :
- 18 days of paid time off (vacation and PTO days)
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Winter Break between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Paid Parental Leave (after 1 year of full-time employment)
- Health :
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans including
disability and life insurance programs
- Retirement :
- 10% employer contribution after 1 year of full-time
- Tuition Assistance :
- Remission of tuition for classes taken at Butler for employees,
spouses, and dependent children.
- Eligibility after 9 months of full-time employment
- Employees & spouses- undergraduate/graduate degrees
- Dependents (under age 26)- undergraduate degree
- Covers tuition only
- Tuition Exchange Program for Dependents
- Butler Facilities Access, Discounts and Perks :
- Access to Butler’s on-site fitness facility and libraries for
full-time staff and faculty
- LinkedIn Learning Courses
- Free premium subscription to the Calm App
- Discount at the College Bookstore
- Discount on select Athletic and Arts/Events Center
Butler University is a private, nationally recognized comprehensive
university encompassing six colleges: Arts, Business,
Communication, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Pharmacy
& Health Sciences. Approximately 4,500 undergraduate and 1,000
graduate and doctoral students are enrolled at Butler, representing
46 states and 24 countries.
Join us at the crossroads of tradition & transformation. A
career at Butler University means so much more than a job. Join the
dedicated, innovative, and supportive community of faculty and
staff that is moving Butler Beyond.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and
equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications
from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity,
sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status,
sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected
May 11, 2023