At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to
advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved
communities. Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our
institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision.
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity
and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the
campus community. It is through freedom of exchange over different
ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates
develop the critical thinking and citizenship skills that will
benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring physicians,
health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a
“whole person” approach to care - treating people, not just
symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we've changed with
it - adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of
healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main
campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in
Suwanee, Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in
Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to
approach problem-solving in a more professional, more team-oriented
manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated
healthcare settings with other health professionals. At
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a
caring, professional, and committed community focused on making the
PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Admissions Counselor position
at the Georgia campus with a highly qualified and passionate
All Admissions Counselors participate in the development of
recruitment and enrollment strategies for the DO, Pharmacy,
Physical Therapy, and Graduate Programs. This position requires
travel* to graduate and professional school fairs, private visits
to undergraduate institutions as well as professional
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Along with Admissions Leadership, consults with faculty
committees on admissions in the development of an annual student
recruitment plan/schedule and strategies.
● Implements the approved student recruitment plan for the assigned
campus and/or programs and works closely with all admissions staff
regarding admissions functions and processes requiring coordination
● Sets and achieves goals for performance evaluation and
● Schedule visits to colleges/universities to promote PCOM graduate
and professional programs to prospective students and pre-health
● Develops both electronic and written correspondence to prospects,
applicants, admits, and confirmed applicants through email, the CRM
platform and other communication channels.
● Plans, coordinates and assists in on–campus/virtual recruitment
events such as information sessions and Open Houses throughout the
● Represents PCOM at graduate and professional school fairs at
colleges nationally and regionally (in-person and online
● Counsels prospective students and applicants regarding
admissions/applications processes via phone/video
● Reviews applications for DO, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy and
Graduate Programs in interview selection process
● Coordinates and manages interview processes on designated campus,
including determination of interview dates, scheduling of
faculty/staff interviewers, arranges for appropriate meals for the
event, greets applicants on interview day, interviews and
implements post interview survey/reports results.
● Participates in faculty admissions committee meetings as assigned
by supervisor, presenting applicant data to committee as assigned,
as well as coordinating with support staff timely notification of
● Communicates with admits by maintaining contact via email and
invitations to campus events to assist with accepted student
● Serves on cross-campus teams as assigned: Pathway, Transition
● Maintains accurate applicant record data by campus/program
applicant pool (all
stages of admissions funnel).
● Prepares reports when requested by the supervisor.
● Assists with the coordination of campus student ambassador
● Maintains membership in and attends professional association
meetings, including all national and regional pre-health
professions advisor associations.
● Maintains confidential records and information.
● Maintains knowledge/robust utilization of multiple admissions
including but not limited to Google Docs/Drive, Slate/CRM Software
● Participates in on-going training and testing initiatives.
● Collaborates in cross-campus projects as assigned. Performs all
related duties as assigned by Supervisor and the Chief Admissions
The PCOM Admissions team seeks members who exemplify the following
durable skillsets: creativity, persuasion, collaboration,
adaptability, and emotional intelligence.
Core competencies sought:
● Comfort with phone and online communication, strong written and
skills and customer service orientation
● Willingness to engage with and work collaboratively with team
members across all 3
● Self-motivated, active listener and with a high level of
positivity and professionalism
● High level organizational skills and attention to detail
● Adaptability and interest in engaging with evolving
● Comfort working with diverse communities and interacting with a
variety of constituencies, including staff, applicants, inquiries,
students, alumni, volunteers, guests, etc.
The minimum level of formal education required for this position is
a bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred.
The admissions team prefers candidates who have admissions and
recruiting experience working in private non-profit and/or public
professional schools. A minimum of three years of experience in
admissions and recruitment is valued and preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations (if
Valid driver’s license and good driving record with no restrictions
Board certification/eligibility is not required
Occasionally lifts supplies and equipment manual dexterity and
mobility ability to travel for attendance as outlined in above
responsibilities during the week/weekend; some evening work is
Works closely with student ambassadors on respective campus
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that
prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic
origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any
other legally protected class.