Posting Details (Default Section)
Director of Equipment Services
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Hiring Manager Title:
Administrative Asst for Executive Staff
Commensurate with Experience
The Director of Equipment Services reports directly to the Senior
Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs. The Director of
Equipment Services manages all aspects of the athletic equipment
room for a Division I intercollegiate athletic program with 19
sports programs, including, but not limited to, purchasing/fiscal
control, equipment inventory/distribution and awards/charity. The
incumbent must have a thorough working knowledge of issuing,
fitting, cleaning and maintaining athletic equipment as put forth
by the Athletic Equipment Managers Association. The Director of
Equipment Services is expected to have sound knowledge of NCAA, NEC
and FDU rules, policies, procedures and traditions.
This position requires the willingness and ability to work
mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
1. Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an
accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor’s or higher
degree; OR appropriate combination of education and
2. 3 to 5 years of work experience within an athletic equipment
program, preferable at the collegiate level showing increased
3. Working knowledge of NCAA, NEC and FDU rules and
4. Computer proficiency for spreadsheets, data management, and
other applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability
to work effectively with university staff, students and the general
6. Must have the ability to work effectively with an
internationally diverse student-athlete population.
7. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
8. Must be able to work flexible hours as required including
evenings, weekends and holidays.
9. Ability to act independently and display sound judgment in
10. Ability to make decisions in high pressure situations.
11. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
12. Must have First Aid and CPR certification or obtain them during
the 90 Introductory Period.
13. Valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record in
accordance with the university’s Motor Vehicle policy. A DMV check
will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed
appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required
to sign a waiver authorizing the DMV check.
14. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter