$42,905.00 - $53,631.00 Annually
FT Exempt Salaried Staff
6/15/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
UVU Lehi Campus 2912 Executive Pkwy, Lehi
Academic Affairs - Student Success
Utah Valley University is currently seeking a Creative Designer!
Working under the direction of the Director of Marketing and
Strategic Partnerships, this position creates design solutions for
a wide range of complex visual communication assignments, including
a wide variety of graphic applications requiring innovative and
creative capabilities, geared toward high school students. Works
from general design guidelines and principles utilizing extensive
creative skill and judgment regarding composition, media selection,
presentation impact and style definitions to communicate projects.
Performs duties involving the creation and design of original
graphics using the Adobe Creative Suite.
Summary of Responsibilities
- (50%) Conceptualizes and designs graphic illustrations and/or
applications such as collateral material, environmental graphics,
posters, fliers, handbooks, mailers, digital signage, swag,
clothing, table clothes, pop-up banners, annual art show marketing,
social media, interactive and multimedia interfaces from concept to
- (20%) Designs and creates printed and digital interactive
materials for specific outreach events. This includes: creating
Spanish materials and other resources needed for DEI (diversity,
equity, and inclusion) initiatives.
- (10%) Designs and produces presentations for the concurrent
enrollment team, high school events, state and national
conferences, and any other presentational opportunities within the
Concurrent Enrollment Office.
- (10%) Regular check-ins with University Marketing to ensure
- (10%) Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Graphic Design,
Art, or a directly related field plus one year of directly related
experience as a graphic artist or equivalent education and/or
experiences totaling five years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Concurrent Enrollment program.
- Knowledge of graphic design and the creative process.
- Knowledge of how to pre-press files and prepare digital
graphics for printing.
- Knowledge of the printing process, including typography,
press-checks, paper, and ink.
- Skills in computers and computer applications, including
Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Flash, Final Cut
- Web design and light programming experience a plus. Skills in
verbal and written communications.
- Ability to design and manage graphics communication
- Ability to produce professional illustrations by hand and on
UVU employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant's
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/uvu/jobs/4039520/creative-designer