Make a difference at one of Florida’s premier institutions for
education in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
Florida Polytechnic University, ranked the No. 1 public college in
the region by U.S. News and World Report, offers a unique working
environment that encourages faculty and staff to be part of a
culture that prizes collaboration, innovation, and the willingness
to go above and beyond to ensure our students and University
succeed. Florida Poly offers a small campus academic environment
where students form connections with their faculty and peers as
they pursue high-value degrees in engineering and applied
The University is equipped with cutting-edge facilities and
equipment and two award-winning, architecturally distinct academic
buildings. Its evolving curriculum, designed to meet the needs of
industry and provide a life-long educational foundation for
students, has helped the institution grow in prominence since its
opening in 2014. Florida Poly’s deliberately small classes,
affordability, and outstanding graduate outcomes have helped it
such as being named a top value school,
in the top 25 nationally for affordability, and in the top five
best universities in the South for tech students. Accredited by
ABET and SACSCOC, Florida Poly is educating some of the brightest
minds in Florida and attracting standout talent from across the
Administrative Assistant II - Academic Affairs
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Position demonstrates proficiency in general and moderately complex
administrative functions of a unit, including serving as a resource
on issues, policies and procedures, maintaining inventory or
facilities, approving fiscal transactions, and contributing to the
development of unit systems and processes. Position assists the
Academic Affairs Department/Faculty under the direction of the
Director, Academic Affairs.
These responsibilities are not all-inclusive, nor do they cover the
full extent of the duties performed:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Review purchase requests, create requisitions, and manage the
approval process. Ensure orders adhere to University/supplier
agreements and contracts.
- Maintains office supply inventory.
- Responds to routine and moderately complex questions or issues
regarding policies, procedures, and processes and ensure compliance
at the unit level.
- May coordinate particular support activities within an office
or provide direct support to faculty or management staff.
- Assist faculty search committees with scheduling interviews,
inviting candidates, creating agendas, etc.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, makes reservations, and
- Prepares and maintains application documents and data for
faculty search committees.
- Drafts correspondence and reports.
- Creates or maintains unit filing systems or workflows.
- Performs or approves fiscal transactions; monitors and
maintains area budgets and processes revisions. Send monthly
reports to the unit department chair.
- Conducts research or analysis and provides input or
recommendations for problem resolution.
- Coordinates events or special administrative projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm (typing test will be
- Intermediate to expert skills in typing/word processing and
computer software, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working
- Ability to perform or learn campus routine purchasing, order,
and contracting processes.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system,
- Ability to conduct business transactions and perform simple
research work by email and/or telephone.
- Demonstrated client service experience requiring a very high
level of diplomacy and professionalism.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY:
- Associate's degree and two years of relevant experience.
The target hiring salary range is
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment canceled).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work
in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to
employment at the University. An appointment is not final until
proof is provided.
: All Applicants are required
submit the following documents during the application process
- Cover letter and Resume
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access
institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide
equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to
all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for
admission, students, and others affiliated with the University)
without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex,
religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status or genetic information.
FLORIDA POLY BENEFITS INFORMATION
Florida Poly qualified employees have the opportunity to take
advantage of a variety of health benefits
(through the State of
Florida) to help meet their specific needs, as well as the needs of
their family. This comprehensive coverage includes flexible
spending accounts, medical and life insurance, and workers
· Health benefits are administered through People First
, on behalf of the State of
Florida, as pre-tax insurance plans. People First handles all new
hire enrollments, coverage changes, premium administration, and
· Their Service Center is staffed Monday through Friday, from 8
a.m.–6 p.m. EST, at 1-866-663-4735.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING ATTACHMENTS:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be
sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before
continuing through the application.
Once your application
has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional
attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during
the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the
official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States
require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript
evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an
accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached
with the application and submitted by the application
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of
the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include
a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute