To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the “Next” button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the “Posting Summary Page” by clicking on the “Next”
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
KTAP Coordinator, Parents Attending College (PAC)
Student Support Services
M-F 8:15-4:30, may include occasional nights and weekends
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching
its educational environment and culture through the diversity of
its administration, faculty, and staff and by embracing
inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of
its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative
Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse
groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of
diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive
excellence. Our vision is that NKU will be nationally recognized
for being a student-ready, regionally engaged university that
empowers diverse learners for economic and social mobility. We will
do this while promoting a culture of excellence, acting with
integrity, fostering a community of belonging, working with
creativity and innovation, and maintaining a climate of
collegiality. In your role, you will be expected to ensure that
students who interact with you have a high-quality experience that
supports the vision of the institution.
Purpose of Position
The Coordinator will promote the success of student parents
attending NKU and receiving KTAP funding. The Coordinator will
collaborate with both on- and off-campus resources to meet the
needs of KTAP student parents, thereby increasing retention and
graduation rates amongst this population. The Coordinator will
maintain compliance with the KY Post-Secondary Grant.
Applicant review will begin upon position posting.
- Maintain compliance with KY Post-Secondary Grant, renewed every
1-2 years, ($133,000 annually) including budget management,
assisting with grant reporting (monthly reports and annual audit),
and grant reapplication.
- Provide leadership and direction for serving KTAP student
parents, utilizing both quantitate and qualitative data.
- Meet individually with each KTAP student on a monthly basis to
provide case management services, which include goal
setting/monitoring, mentoring, and referrals.
- Cultivate a positive relationship with the Department for
Community-Based Services, reporting all student updates as needed,
responding to all emails and comments in OTIS, and attending staff
- Facilitate work-study employment for 15-25 students per
academic year, completing the hiring process, placing students in
work-study locations, providing secondary monitoring, and approving
- Coordinate and implement services for KTAP student parents to
include, but not limited to, holiday help, diaper program, period
supply program, and birthday closet.
- Coordinate and implement programming for KTAP student parents
to include, but not limited to, KTAP Scholar orientation, monthly
parent cafés, and a student-parent graduation celebration.
- Develop and implement a plan for marketing and outreach to
target current student parents at NKU and potential student parents
in the community. Cultivate relationships with local nonprofits,
which offer services that could benefit NKU KTAP Scholars.
(Northern Kentucky Scholar House, Lincoln Grant Scholar House,
Brighton Center, Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank, etc.)
- Cultivate relationships with on-campus departments, which offer
services that could benefit student parents. ( ALPS, FUEL, Care
Closet, UCAP, CCAMPIS, ELC, etc.)
- Master’s degree and a minimum of 3 years serving low-income
families or equivalent experience.
- Grant writing and maintenance experience
- Familiarity with Kentucky TANF and the Kentucky Works
- Familiarity with university administrative practices and
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks
- Experience with personal computer applications (Office, SAP,
- Ability to navigate competing priorities
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application