Assistant Director of Financial Aid (Reg FT)
Assistant Director of Financial
Aid (Reg FT)
: College Wide
This position will remain
open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an
interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter
and resume by no later than March 10, 2023. The College cannot
guarantee that application materials received after this date will
be considered or reviewed. There are two positions available:
Allegheny Campus and North Campus.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package.
Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low
out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday
pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other
options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension
system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan
forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including
group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option:
Admin 12 - $43,677
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Provide guidance to students on
the various types of financial aid and the requirements to receive
it. Provide information to students regarding federal, state and
alternative funding sources. Work collaboratively with Enrollment
in support of the recruitment, persistence, and completion goals of
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum
one year of financial aid experience including knowledge of
financial aid regulations and programs preferred. Must possess
strong customer service skills and sensitivity to the needs of a
diverse student population. Computer literacy to include Microsoft
Office products and financial aid information systems highly
desired. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague system preferred.
Excellent customer service skills. Ability to travel and be housed
at any of the College's campuses or centers and to serve as
backfill at enrollment related events and serve as a representative
of the College at public and private events.
1. Coordinates coverage for the front counter and (virtual and
2. Serves as central point of contact for individuals coming into
the FA Office. Responsible for troubleshooting issues and concerns
then providing avenues for resolution.
3. Completes the verification process for student paperwork
4. Ensures financial aid requirements for the Pittsburgh Promise
Program, inclusive of reconciliation.
5. Provides guidance to interested parties about the process of
applying for financial aid.
6. Assists students and parents with completing the necessary forms
for securing funding for the semester.
7. Provides guidance on Financial Aid satisfactory academic
progress and the financial ramifications of not making progress
towards a degree.
8. Provides student loan information to all students and
specialized assistance to students in danger of losing their
financial aid eligibility due to not meeting SAP; and those whose
aid has been suspended and are interested in how to have it
9. Assists students with understanding financial aid information
for transfer to other colleges and universities.
10. Assists the Director with the delivery and development of
activities and workshops designed to support the College's
recruitment and retention goals.
11. Provides general Financial Aid direction to community
organizations outside of CCAC who are interested in learning more
about the subject of financial aid.
12. Assists with the training of Financial Aid work study students
and new financial aid staff.
13. Helps revise financial aid marketing materials and on line
documents and information for the new financial aid year.
14. Participates in Professional Development activities as assigned
by the Director and/or ED.
15. Serves in the capacity of Director of FA in the absence of the
16. Travels to other sites to assist at other campuses or centers
17. Ask. Listen. Solve.
18. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse
clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to
be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania
Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal
Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal
Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to
obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: