Open Until Filled
Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit Eligible
$18.61 - $19.50/ hour
- Edit content of theses, dissertations, conference papers,
journal articles, and proposals for theses and dissertations
written by graduate students for technical writing issues such as
grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and word choice.
- Develop, implement, and administer workshops and seminars such
as Thesis/Dissertation Writing Camp, Proofreading with Grammarly,
Editing Your Own Work, Formatting in MS Word, and other
writing-centered workshops for graduate students. Collaborates with
staff to organize student development events.
- Meet with students in one-on-one writing development sessions
to discuss edited documents and writing-related questions. Reviews
iThenticate score and discussing any plagiarism concerns.
- Offer group writing sessions to meet with students with
questions about grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc.
- Oversee technical editing queue to ensure documents are edited
in a timely manner. Distributing workload with student worker/temp
- Log editing data, generate statistics, and gather survey
results for technical editing services and related events.
- Maintain and update online webpages for Editing Help.
- Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable
knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Excellent communication skills and teamwork