Emporia State University currently has an Emergency Manager vacancy with our Police and Safety department located in Emporia, Ks.
The person selected for this position will play a critical role during the response to and recovery from emergencies that impact the University. They will perform a variety of emergency management functions, including duties related to outreach, planning, training, and exercises.
- Work collaboratively with the Sgt. Emergency Manager to ensure the institutions compliance with the Clery Act.
- Coordinate the institutions Timely Warning Report program and ensue compliance with the Emergency Notifications requirements of the Clery Act.
- Facilitate and coordinate the development and maintenance of the University’s emergency operations plan and continuity plans.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating outreach education programs and emergency preparedness-related trainings to enhance preparedness and resilience across the University.
- Participates with internal and external task forces, committees, and groups/individuals regarding emergency preparedness, including those at the University and local, state, and national level.
- Assist the Environmental Safety Officer as related to the emergency preparedness of the University.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering, scientific, or public health specialization area.
- At least four years of professional, related experience.
- Salary: $42,785-$71,308, depending on experience and qualifications
- Emporia State University offers a generous benefit package. Find out more about our health benefits, retirement options, paid time off, dependent and spouse tuition waiver program, and many other benefits at this link.
To apply, upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references at https://bit.ly/3piG0hl
A background check and official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Review of Application Materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Position preferred starting date: August 15,2023
For more information
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.