Open Until Filled
Administrative Assistant II
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:30pm
Location of Position
Hanover, NH 03755
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
To coordinate and perform a wide variety of office activities for
both the Religion department and the Philosophy department that
will increase efficiency, coordinate the work of others, and ensure
the smooth operation of the office.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Associates plus 1-2 year(s) of experience or equivalent combination
of education and experience
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
- Two years of experience in a program or event office, ensuring
the smooth operation of all aspects of meetings and events.
- In-depth knowledge of office procedures.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities
and adhere to deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and database
programs. Demonstrated skill in problem-solving, decision-making,
and trouble shooting.
- Ability to generate content and update web pages.
- Demonstrated writing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at one time.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with
a wide range of constituencies both on- and off-campus.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and to handling
highly sensitive information.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse
Department Contact for Recruitment Inquiries
- Experience in Higher Education preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Department Contact Phone Number
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Meredyth Morley, Department Administrator
Department Contact's Phone Number
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Dartmouth vehicle or off road
vehicle, rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Not an essential function
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
General Office Support
Percentage Of Time
- Serve as receptionist for the departmental offices, point of
contact for inquiries, receive, sort, and deliver departmental and
faculty mail, and forward to off-campus faculty upon request.
- Maintain office supply inventory, order supplies through
college vendors and occasional college credit card (“p-card”)
- Manage, train, and process time sheets for departmental student
assistant employees. Support faculty with photocopies, scans, and
desk copy requests.
Percentage Of Time
- Serves as the initial point of contact for inquiries to the
- Responds to inquiries and provides information or refers to
appropriate individual to address the needs of the inquiry.
- Disseminates department information via updating websites,
email announcements, and announcements in local newspapers and
- Communicates with students, faculty, other campus offices,
alumni, and visitors.
Percentage Of Time
- Maintains department files and databases to ensure accuracy and
accessibility of information.
- Maintains departmental major/minor degree communications,
permissions and/or exemptions, and responds to inquiries regarding
- Maintains departmental websites, course schedule listings, and
- Maintains various contact information, course rosters,
commencement invitations, and email announcements.
- Maintains building and office directories and visiting faculty
Coordinate speaker and function logistics, including guest
itineraries, lodging and lecture room reservations, meal counts,
catering, advertising, a/v, invitations, announcements, etc.
Percentage Of Time
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral (Please specify full name
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered, 'Internal Employee Referral' or 'Other' to the
above question, please specify here:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter