W. P. Carey, Marketing and Communications team seeks a Specialist to provide professional level administrative support to an assigned department, assisting with general administration projects, research and analysis, procedural research, and technical planning. The position also collaborates with assigned senior staff member to gain working knowledge and experience related to department administration.
The Marketing and Communications team is made up of creative problem solvers with expertise in digital and print design, marketing content development, advertising and paid media planning, editorial writing and institutional communications, social media, and project management. We are a unit of the Dean’s Office, supporting strategic initiatives to grow the reputation and market presence of the W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University.
WPC Marketing & Communications
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Depends on experience
- Prepares and monitors specific materials unique to the program, project, initiative or area of a department/college.
- Coordinates resources to meet the needs of the area assigned.
- Monitors the activities of assigned staff.
- Acts as liaison with the community, students, faculty, and staff in facilitating university programs.
- Provides training and professional development in the related subject matter or methodology.
- Consults with staff, students and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and program goals and policy interpretation.
- Coordinates and/or monitors the effectiveness of related methods and work activities.
- Prepares and conducts related program evaluation activities.
- Participates in the action plans for leadership teams and leaders to direct and guide related program, project, initiative or area of a department/college.
- Develops and facilitates related workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Resolves field related problems through written or verbal correspondence.
- Analyzes research data and other literature and makes interpretations for application to related program, project, initiative or area of a department/college.
- May assist in developing budgets, performance indicators, and accountability reports for new programs and/or budget units.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Skill in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports, including analysis and evaluation of budgets, planning and other management information systems.
- Skill in designing presentation materials.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of program coordination. Knowledge of basic project management.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in planning, organization, coordination of activities.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (10%) Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (15%) Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
The W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University is one of the largest business schools in the United States with more than 18,000 students and 120,000 alumni worldwide. From our world-renowned faculty representing six continents to thousands of outstanding students who join us every year, the W. P. Carey School welcomes diversity and encourages global thinking. The W. P. Carey School is internationally recognized for its leadership in business education, groundbreaking research and innovation, and renowned faculty, making us one of the top-ranked business schools in the country. Learn more at wpcarey.asu.edu.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.