he purpose of this position is to perform teaching duties and professional service for the College. This is accomplished by providing instruction as assigned; conducting and assessing instruction; developing and/or modifying curriculum; assisting students through academic advising; establishing, posting, and maintaining office hours; providing leadership for the development, growth, and support of the College and the assigned area; and undertaking professional community service.
Other duties include supporting the mission, vision and values of the College and policies of the Board of Trustees; serving on various College committees, task forces and other groups; and participating in various official College ceremonies and meetings.
This is a 10-months-per-year, tenure-track, Assistant Professor position which will begin in August 2023.
- Clinical expertise in medical-surgical nursing
- Licensed nurse in Maryland or have the ability to be licensed
- Demonstrated competency with current instructional technology and learning management systems while possessing the aptitude and ability to resource new and efficient technology impacting student outcomes as needed
- Ability to interact with students and potential students outside the classroom environment in discipline-related activities
- Effective communication skills
- A well-articulated understanding of the role of the community colleges and their students
- Master’s degree in nursing.
- Two years of nursing clinical experience are required. Candidates must be licensed nurses in Maryland or have the ability to be licensed.
Employees of Harford Community College, including instructors for online and virtual courses, must be residents of Maryland or the contiguous states of Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia or the District of Columbia; non-residents are expected to relocate to meet this requirement.