Administrative Coordinator (Athletics)
Department Contact Email
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supporting and
assisting the department of Athletics, executing, and implementing
administrative needs for purchase ordering, processing requisition
request, closing out travel expenses, organizing visits site
visits, setting appointments for potential partnerships, managing
the budgets, and any other tasks the Athletics Director deems
necessary for the success of the Athletic Department.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Recommends establishment of and respond to inquiries regarding
the Athletic Department’s procedures and policies from staff and
visitors, serve as resource person to staff.
- Handles correspondence and appointment scheduling independently
for Department administrators.
- Performs routine clerical duties and other duties and
responsibilities as assigned.
- Compiles presentations and coordinated additional
meeting/presentation arrangements and requirements.
- Coordinates Athletics Director’s schedules and projects.
- Manages critical/Time-sensitive projects as needed.
- Handles inquiries in critical situations, interacts with other
- Assists the Athletics Department in establishing and executing
programs and activities by providing clerical and administrative
support in the areas of communications, database and website
maintenance, and other technical assistance to implement the
- Manages Budget Procedures – inputs requisitions and processing
of invoices for Center, including, as well as serving as key
contact for Accounts Payable, Purchasing and the Budget
- Ability to provide friendly and efficient service to internal
and external candidates, other students, customers, and
- Knowledge of computers and MS Office software.
- Knowledge of university systems, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise other support personnel.
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision and
- Ability to work under tight deadline pressure.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: two – three years of related work experience in a
high-paced, dynamic professional or university setting.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Staff - Monthly (Exempt)
Budgeted Annual Salary
Commensurate with experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts