Compensation Type: Salaried
The Academic Support Lead performs the duties of a professional
tutor. The Academic Support Lead will tutor in-person and is
expected to work with students, either one-on-one or in small
groups to help them attain a deeper and more substantial command of
the assigned subject matter. The Academic Support Lead must be able
to work with multiple students and with other tutors present, in a
shared tutoring space. The Academic Support Lead will communicate
with the department regarding individual student progress and
needs. This position is responsible for generating reports from
tutoring software and sending them to his/her supervisor. The
Academic Support Lead must have a strong command of the subject
matter and be able to communicate it effectively to students using
a variety of methods and teaching tools.
- Supplements students’ understanding and command of the course
material for which the students are seeking assistance, outside of
class. Tutors for advanced level courses in discipline area of
- Helps students to develop and apply appropriate learning and
study skills. Meets with students at appointed time.
- Collaborates with college instructors to generate participation
in tutoring, and follows up with students that instructors have
engaged in tutoring to identify additional academic needs and
Continuous Learning & Mentoring
- Maintains documentation of all tutoring sessions. Generates
department reports for tutoring and maintains documentation of
department tutoring interactions.
- Provides course instructor(s) with communication/information
that can be used to facilitate student learning of course content.
Advanced use and implementation of the College’s tutoring
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the course material, as well
as multiple instructional methodologies, to accommodate various
student learning styles. Attends tutor training sessions.
- Provides support to LSS, LSS1, Peer Tutors & Supplemental
Instructional Leaders. Assists with technical support of tutoring
software and reports. Works in close collaboration with academic
department leadership and faculty leads on course specific
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and
inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the
- Recognizes diversity of campus students/staff/faculty and
supports them in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Economics or a combination of
education and experience.
- Six (6) months of experience tutoring, teaching, or a
combination in the content area.
Full Time/Part Time:
- Tutoring experience in higher education (college level),
preferably in developmental education.
Union (If Applicable):
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community
College, please l og in to Workday to use the internal application
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available
when starting the application process. For all faculty positions
(Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will
need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when
completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update
(if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will
transfer to your application.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State
Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated
information on the status of your application can be found by
visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted
applications by logging in and reviewing your status.