The University of Puget Sound is hiring a LEAD CASHIER to join our
The Lead Cashier serves as the primary Logger Store cashier, and is
responsible for training and supervising student cashiers, and
providing outstanding customer service. In addition, the Lead
Cashier maintains store appearance, and assists with purchasing,
stocking, and managing merchandise.
This position is:
• Full-time, (1.0 FTE)
• Schedule may include evening and weekend shifts.
View a full job description and apply today through our University
website for Staff Employment!
All candidates must complete an application through our official
website for consideration.
This position will be able to take advantage of Puget Sound's
generous benefits package, including:
• Medical, dental, and vision
• Retirement plan options and 403(b) contributions
• Paid vacation, floating holiday, and campus bonus holidays
• Education benefits, such as full tuition for eligible employees
and their families
• Access to university facilities and entertainment (fitness
center, pool, library, concerts, lectures, and more!)
-Positions that work less than .75 FTE (1,560 hours per year) do
not qualify for long-term disability or education benefits.
-Positions that work less than .50 FTE (1,040 hours per year) will
accrue paid sick leave but are not eligible for additional
-Temporary positions that work at least .50 FTE (1,040 hours per
year) will be eligible for benefits after 6 months of continuous
To be considered for this role, a candidate must:
• Have two years retail experience, including cashiering
experience, or equivalent combination of education and
• Have excellent customer service skills.
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Respectfully work, communicate, and provide leadership within a
diverse campus community.
Compensation and Benefits:
• The pay range for this position is $16.00 to $17.50 per hour.
Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and
relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on
internal equity and market considerations.
• This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor
• For more information on Puget Sound's non-exempt staff benefits
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful
completion of all required background checks and, if applicable for
the position, a drug screen, physical test and functional
All new hires will be required to submit proof of current COVID-19
vaccination (including booster) or receive an approved medical or
religious exemption from the university.
About Puget Sound:
Puget Sound is a national liberal arts college in Tacoma,
Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries.
Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate
liberal arts college in Western Washington. To learn more about the
university, visit "About Puget Sound" on the university's website
• We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we
share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who
work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of
and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
• We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons
as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the
diversity of all parts of our University community through
commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts;
to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all
members of our campus community.
• We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports
diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach
and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity