Founded in 2021, the Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue (KITDP) aims to secure freedom from techno-authoritarian threats by accelerating the widespread adoption of trusted tech. The Institute is the preeminent global authority of a new category of Tech Diplomacy, integrating tech expertise, Silicon Valley strategies and foreign policy tools to build the Global Tech Trust Network of governments, companies and individuals united around a set of shared trust principles and a common mission to ensure that technology advances freedom. KITDP is a bipartisan initiative under the Purdue Research Foundation (PRF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit affiliated with Purdue University, with offices in West Lafayette, IN, and Washington, DC.
The Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue is seeking a Chief Training & Education Officer to fulfill the Institute’s unique mission to train and educate U.S. and allied diplomatic, business, tech and policy leaders on Tech Diplomacy, critical and emerging technologies, and their implications on foreign policy and national security.
Reporting directly to the Institute’s Director, the Chief Training & Education Officer will serve as an integral senior leader for the Institute and will grow and oversee the Institute’s global online and in-person learning program, utilizing robust leadership skills to deliver best-in-class educational experiences. He or she will lead a growing team, and partner closely with the Institute’s Research Fellows – leading Purdue professors, researchers and innovators at the cutting edge of emerging technology – as well as the Institute’s wide network of diplomatic leaders in foreign policy, national security and Tech Diplomacy, to deliver and scale a global program of high-value digital, hybrid, in-person and executive learning programs.
The successful candidate will be a leader in the education space, particularly online, with a passion for the Institute’s mission and a demonstrated track record of innovative and successful education program-building and commercialization. He or she will have successfully brought educational products to market and will have demonstrated success and leadership in the full business cycle of educational programming, including a track record of impressive growth, student satisfaction, reputational strength and revenue generation in this area. In addition, she or he will have broad expertise in the science of teaching and learning. Experience in both higher education settings as well as executive/continuing education spaces is ideal.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced educational leader to innovate, create, and grow a new program, helping to accelerate the growth of a category-leading organization and ultimately ensure that technology advances freedom.
- Provide strategic vision for the Institute’s global training and education program, to include delivery, business model, and scale of programs to position KITDP as the category leader in Tech Diplomacy training and education
- Develop a product roadmap and organize initiatives for online and in-person programs based on user needs, as well as timely and anticipated trends in critical technologies and the foreign policy landscape
- Ensure the Institute’s training and education programs reflect and align with its policy priorities in the Tech Diplomacy category
- Stay at the forefront of online learning trends and best practices for online, in-person, hybrid, executive/continuing education and more
Marketing and Business Development
- Develop product packaging, pricing and go-to-market strategy to maximize growth, revenue and impact
- Develop new training and education business models ensuring the integration of emerging technologies and innovations
- Identify and develop propositions for growth opportunities based on market analysis, industry trends, and client requirements.
- Deliver and present growth opportunities to prospective partners, clients and sponsors.
- Evaluate and improve sales, marketing, and branding strategies.
- Collaborate with KITDP marketing and communications team to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing/communication strategy for training programs
- Develop and maintain key client relationships with national and international partners and organizations, business leaders, government ministries and agencies, policymakers and other stakeholders, including in the U.S as well as foreign partners and allies
Leadership and Team Oversight
- Provide leadership, guidance, and coaching to staff for effective organizational impact and growth
- Lead a growing team charged with end-to-end design, development and delivery of asynchronous and synchronous digital, hybrid and in-person learning programs to key Institute audiences – diplomatic and policymaking leaders, as well as private sector and civil society organizations in the U.S. and like-minded countries – including assessment, customer experience, and analytics to inform future state.
- Oversee the team’s collaboration with a broad set of internal partners and stakeholders – including Purdue Researchers and Professors, Purdue Online, instructors and more – to ensure consistent, relevant and high-quality course content and delivery
- Oversee the team’s collaboration with learning designers, web development teams and other technology partners/vendors as needed to deliver state-of-the-art online products and user experience
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Strategic leader with proven expertise in building and scaling training programs
- Demonstrated success in leading dynamic teams to achieve organizational impact and growth
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment with the appetite and ability to lead and grow a new program in a new category
- Possesses expert knowledge and in-depth understanding of online learning; experience in growing in-person and executive/continuing education programs; familiar with curriculum design, knowing how to align learning goals with outcomes
- Proven record of business and revenue growth
- International/global experience preferred
- Strong consultative approach to developing curriculum programs; experience measuring and evaluating impact
- Possesses a keen eye for new opportunities to maximize product quality and growth
- A clear and concise communicator able to work effortlessly with a variety of people from widely differing backgrounds
- Commitment to the Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy’s mission
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field; advanced degree or professional experience in marketing, digital communications, business, management, international affairs or related fields is highly desirable
- Master’s degree in education or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years in higher education
About Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue
The Krach Institute for Tech Diplomacy at Purdue is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The Institute views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all Institute-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or status as a veteran.
A criminal conviction check and negative controlled substance test are required for employment in this position.