The purpose of this position is to represent Oregon Tech in the recruitment of new students to all Oregon Tech campuses (Klamath Falls, Portland-Metro, other satellite locations, and online) and to present information to groups and organizations about Oregon Tech, with emphasis on building connections with prospective students, families, high school guidance counselors, and transfer coordinators within a designated region.
Oregon Tech Admissions is hiring for 3 remote positions with unique geographical designations.
We are hiring for:
Regional Admissions Counselor for a Hawaii-based position to recruit in Hawaii
Regional Admissions Counselor for a Seattle area-based position to recruit within Washington & Idaho
Regional Admissions Counselor for a Portland area-based position to recruit in the Portland metro
Representation of Oregon Tech is accomplished in a variety of settings and formats. The person in this position travels extensively to high schools, community colleges and careers fairs throughout the designated territory, and other areas deemed necessary to present and represent Oregon Tech as an attractive college choice. They also visit with prospective students in-person and virtually on a one-on-one basis, in small and large groups, at campus events, on the phone, and through email. Data-informed territory management, ethical decision making, and relationship building are integral components of the position.
The mission of the Office of Admissions is to clearly and effectively communicate the features and benefits of the university to prospective students and their families. The Office provides appropriate admissions services, such as recruitment activities and application processing, to assist the university community in enrolling the number and type of students needed to meet the institution’s enrollment goals. Our goal is to promote access via clear communication of Oregon Tech’s admissions standards, provide admissions support for all of our campuses and sites, and support the University’s pursuit of excellence by admitting new students who are capable of persisting successfully to their academic objective at Oregon Tech.
For more information, visit http://www.oit.edu/admissions.
- Bachelor’s degree One (1) year of experience in student services, higher education, admissions, or college counseling
- Ability to effectively and respectfully work, communicate, and collaborate in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings
- Demonstrated excellent presentation abilities, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer or student service experience
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Willing and able to travel and work weekends/evenings
- Must have, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be able to successfully clear a background check
- Bilingual in Spanish & English
- One (1) year of experience directly related to higher education admissions
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
- Knowledge of student recruitment, college admissions, financial aid, and/or Oregon Tech
- Ability to analyze data and use data to make decisions
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Initial review of applications will begin on May 22nd, 2023. Applications will continue to be accepted after the initial review date until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/5847
Then, upload the following elements to your application:
1. A cover letter indicating the following:
A. The location you are applying for:
- Seattle area-based position to recruit within Washington & Idaho
- Hawaii-based position to recruit in Hawaii
- Portland area-based position to recruit in the Portland metro
B. how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
2. A resume/curriculum vitae.
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law. Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.
To peruse other employment opportunities at Oregon's premiere polytechnic university, visit the Oregon Tech Job Board: https://jobs.oit.edu
Oregon Tech proudly offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees; to learn more about the comprehensive offering of benefits visit: https://www.oit.edu/human-resources/benefits