Under the leadership of the Dean of Students, the Director of
Student Engagement is a highly visible practitioner within the
Division of Student Development & Services that directs and
oversees all operations of the Student Center in accordance with
Claflin University policies and procedures. The Director
coordinates facility use and ensures proper safety and security
measures. Additionally, Director provides direct supervision of the
Assistant Director for Student Engagement & Leadership, as well
as hire and train all student staff.
- Provides direct supervision of the Assistant Director for
Student Engagement & Leadership.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and
interpretation of policies and procedures necessary for successful
administration and management of the facility, including the
oversight of facilities operations, scheduling of external,
departmental and student sponsored programs and events, and
determining support activity requirements.
- Maintains close working relationship with departmental
entities, student groups and organizations to ensure a schedule of
events to meet the needs of various university special interest
- Oversees all aspects of the Claflin ID card system.
- Manages room reservation system and responsible for securing
spaces for student organizations, campus departments and other
- Collaborates with Student Government, including the Student
Union Advisory Board, toward the establishment of policies and
procedures related to the operation of the facility.
- Oversees assessment strategy for the Student Union including
student learning and student/customer.
- Coordinates recruitment, hiring, training, and on-going
development/training, as well as direct supervision of student
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships and
collaborations with campus and community partners.
- Collaborates with student leaders to ensure the Student Center
serves as a convenor of all students.
- Serves as the primary communication link between the Student
Center and other campus departments and the community.
- Serves on various University committees and perform other
duties as assigned.
- Master's degree required in student affairs administration,
college student personnel or other related discipline
- Minimum of 3-6 years of appropriate experience
- Experience with event planning, management of reservations,
and/or student union operations
- Ability to operate within a cross-functional, highly
collaborative team environment