Buena Vista University (BVU) invites applicants for a full-time
position as Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership in our
online Teacher Leadership/Curriculum and Instruction graduate
program. The Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership is a
12-month, tenure-track position with a 24-credit hour annual course
load. This position is hybrid consisting of primarily remote work
and some in-person, on-campus obligations.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Teach graduate level Educational Administrative Leadership
courses and develop course curriculum.
- Engage in faculty scholarly activity, including service and
- Serve on the program and university committees.
- Perform other university and departmental duties as assigned by
the program director.
- Earned Doctoral Degree in Education and Education
- 3-5 years of experience as a K-12 administrator
- Commitment to the field of educational Administrative
leadership as evidenced by educational background, publications in
peer-reviewed journals, community services, experience or
professional affiliation, conference attendance etc.
- Evidence of remote teaching experience with strong preference
to those that have taught graduate educational leadership
- A licensed Educational Administrator in Iowa or another
- Commitment to inclusion, diversity, and/or social justice.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and
- Two or more years of college/university level teaching.
- Experience supervising, mentoring, and advising students.
- Letter of Application
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate Transcripts (unofficial)
- Contact information for three (3) references.
Reviews will begin in June 2023 and continue until the position is
filled. A background check will be conducted on the final
candidate. Buena Vista University is an EOE/ADA/Smoke-Free Employer
and especially welcomes applications from individuals who will
contribute to any aspect of the university’s diversity.