The Office of the Vice President for Compliance and General Counsel at Manhattanville College is seeking an Executive Assistant. This person is responsible for high-level administrative and decision-making support to the VP and General Counsel. The EA must be able to multitask, organize, prioritize, schedule, and think strategically in a demanding and fast-paced environment. Professionalism, confidentiality and discretion are essential. The Executive Assistant will provide support to areas reporting to the VP and General Counsel, including Human Resources and Campus Safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The EA provides support by acting as the first point of contact and troubleshooting as issues arise; this position provides excellent customer service as a primary point of contact for administrative functions of the Office of the VP and General Counsel as well as Human Resources.
- Under the direction of the VP and General Counsel, this position manages administrative tasks and issues related to:
- The College’s database of contracts across all departments and divisions.
- Monitoring, coding, and tracking of legal invoices requiring the VP’s signature;
- Ensuring personnel forms are complete and accurate for VP’s signature;
- Assist VP and Human Resources with governmental and compliance filings.
- Assist VP in the scheduling and ongoing review of College policies.
- Calendaring for VP and General Counsel: Performs day-to-day administrative operations of the VP's calendar; prioritize workflow, establish files, assemble information for the VP, and:
- Manage direct report regular meetings;
- Manage internal engagements, committee meetings, pop-up meetings, with an understanding of the of strategic use of VP’s time;
- Provide timely preparation of documents for future meetings and daily cross-check of information flow.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as receptionist and host for Office of the VP and General Counsel; manages calls to the VP's office that include vendors, and external partners.
- Assists the VP and Human Resources, as needed, in completing tasks such as employment authorizations, background checks, organization of online resources.
- Assist in the preparation of special projects, reports, and/or presentations as requested by the VP and General Counsel.
- As directed by the VPFO, assist with meeting minutes and other tasks related to the VP’s work with the College Board of Trustees and for the Board’s Audit and Compliance committee meetings.
- Identify and develop systems to facilitate the smooth functioning of the VPFs Office; implement goals and objectives.
- Event manager for initiatives as directed by the VP.
- Assists with ordering departmental supplies and other expenses as needed.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and a preferred three years of office and administrative support experience. Experience in higher education is beneficial.
- Experience in reading, interpreting and organizing contracts.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to interpret and implement rules, regulations, policies and other guidelines to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, work with diplomacy and efficiency in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational ability; skilled at meeting deadlines.
- Diplomacy, tact, discretion, and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact smoothly with all levels of personnel
- Detail-orientated approach, excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, Publisher, and Power Point. Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and ADP Workforce Now is beneficial.
- Ability to learn new computer interfaces, programs and /or applications and apply knowledge quickly.
- Ability to manage both planned and unplanned events and nimbleness necessary to deal with unforeseen circumstances while maintaining a positive and flexible professional demeanor at all times.
For consideration, send a cover letter, CV/resume, and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at email@example.com to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.