The Online Nursing Program Director is responsible for providing leadership in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the online nursing programs. The Director should foster within the programs a culture that supports collegiality, personal well-being, and professional development of students. Full and active participation in the nursing and college committees to assist in continued evolution of the online programs as an integral part of the position. This position come with 50% administrative and 50% faculty responsibilities.
Reports to: School of Nursing and Health Sciences Dean
- Planning, development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of the academic and administrative aspects of the online programs.
- In cooperation with the faculty, establishes and implements written policies to meet the standards of the New York State Office of Professions and any other accrediting agencies
- Coordinate clinical placement and evaluate their experiential learning.
- Meets with each student at least twice annually (prior to registration for each semester) to review academic and professional progress, maintaining up-to-date information on each student’s progress through the program.
- Clears students for progress to clinical coursework before they are allowed to register for any clinical coursework.
- Works effectively as part of the overall faculty and administrative teams to include interpersonal relations, collaborating with faculty members to meet student needs, and responding to requests from accrediting bodies.
- Plans, implements, maintains minutes for regular meetings of the faculty and the various committees to facilitate communication and to plan, implement and evaluate curricula policies, procedures, and programs.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and revises curriculum for the Nursing program in cooperation with the program faculty and within the standards of the applicable New York State Education Program and any other accrediting agencies
- Maintains a program of continuous quality improvement for the Nursing program.
- Participates in liaison activities with government, civic, labor, and private organizations to promote community awareness and support of nursing education programs.
- Maintains a current file of written agreements with all cooperating agencies and clinical sites.
- Participates in the development of a budget and monitoring expenses for the Nursing program
- Recruits and interviews potential faculty and makes recommendations for appointment, promotion, retention, or termination, as appropriate
- Oversight of faculty course delivery, student mentoring, and professionalism.
- Evaluates faculty in accordance with policies of Manhattanville College and the standards of applicable regulatory bodies.
- Conducts classroom observations to assure continuing success in delivering course materials.
- Reviews and recommends requests for materials, equipment, and repairs or any purchases of labor, equipment, supplies, or services for the programs.
- Ensures that the faculty-student ratio for clinical experiences complies with the regulations of the New York State Office of Professions.
- Participates in recruiting students and developing marketing communications for the program
- Develops and implements orientation activities for new nursing students and new faculty.
- Counsels students and faculty; problem-solves and facilitates with individuals/groups in the interest of student and program success.
- Participates as appropriate on committees and task forces.
- Personal teaching responsibilities
- Liaison Center for design thinking
Job Duties Required Qualifications
- Doctorate in nursing or related field
- Must hold an unencumbered NY State Professional RN license
- Experience in online pedagogy.
- The candidate should be self-directed and organized
- This position requires hearing and visual acuity as well as manual dexterity
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, internet and electronic medical records.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required include knowledge of current clinical practice and evidence-based nursing, knowledge of basic principles of online education, skill in communicating with
- Knowledge or Interest in design thinking methodology
The following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity/ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion such as keyboarding
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
- Bend/lift all offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Salary Range: $101,000-105,000 annually
For consideration, send a cover letter, CV/resume, and a list of three professional references to email@example.com.
Manhattanville College is committed to equality of educational opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer. The College does not discriminate against current or prospective students and employees on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you are unable to complete this application process due to a disability, contact Manhattanville Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.